Haarlem, The Netherlands– August 28, 2007– Leading Publisher Lighthouse Interactive and developer Kerberos Productions, today announced the release of the first update for Born of Blood, the official add-on to the critically acclaimed 4X space strategy game for Windows?, Sword of the Stars. The update adds several new enhancements upgrading the game to version 1.4.
Kerberos amassed the valuable feedback they received from the dedicated Sword of the Stars community to create a very worthwhile upgrade. The update is currently available for only the English version of the game. Sword of the Stars: Born of Blood was released in June 2007 for digital download at www.GamersGate.com and www.Direct2Drive.com. The full box version is available for purchase in retail stores across the UK and at Lighthouse Interactive’s Online Store.
Key upgrades in version 1.4 include:
• New map (Disc Map)
• New class of mines added - the Cloaked Mine!
• The AI's responses to your actions have been added to the Diplomacy Screen represented by "more/less positive" icons
• Track the status of your enemy's enemies in the Diplomacy Screen... see who's at war and who has entered into non-aggression pacts!
• New Weapon Group Configuration panel added to the Ship Design Screen
• Several adjustments to random events and their timing
• New Sensor Range overlay added to the main star map
• Additional avatars and icons
• New option added allowing players to set automated "per-turn" money/research donations
• Horizontal weapon arc displays added to the Ship Design Screen
To download the update 1.4 (file size: 21 MB) visit: www.lighthouse-interactive.com.
The complete list of new features included in the upgrade, is available at the Lighthouse forums as well as on www.swordofthestars.com.
IMPORTANT! Owners of direct download versions of the game can download the update through their direct download providers. More information can be found at their respective websites.
For more information about Sword of the Stars, please visit: www.swordofthestars.com
Defeat a New Enemy Race in the Action-packed Official Add-on to Sword of the Stars
The year is 2445. Over 30 years have passed since the first stellar empires began to expand. Four races once set out to explore and conquer the galaxy, meeting in fiery clashes that spanned the universe. The first wars have passed and a promising age of diplomacy dawns.
Now a new alien race emerges shattering the uneasy peace. With new drive systems, ships, technology, and tactics, the Zuul burst onto the scene with a devastating agenda– not only will they conquer, they will control the entire universe… unless you put a stop to their destruction.
With savage ships and psychic powers, they enslave or annihilate all those who oppose them. As their galley disks descend to harvest slaves from neighboring races, all other empires may be forced to put aside their grudges– if they do not unite against the Zuul, each race will be systematically exterminated. Form alliances and learn to work with your foes as you lead your fleets to victory in a universe at war in Sword of Stars: Born of Blood.
• Play as the merciless Zuul Slavers with over 90 brand-new ship sections and their unique drive system– the Tunnel Drive
• Over 25 additional technologies, including new diplomacy and intelligence gathering techs
• 15 more weapons you can add to your ship designs
• New ship sections for the original four races, including: War, Projector, Boarding, and a new type of defense satellite– the Torpedo Defense Platform
• 4 additional galactic encounters, a new grand menace, plus 3 unique scenarios and 6 original maps
• New game features, including Slavery, Trade Routes, and Diplomatic Communications
About Kerberos Productions
Kerberos Productions is a gathering of seasoned video game developers, with over 35 years of collective experience, based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Before forming their own company, the team was responsible in the development of both Homeworld: Cataclysm for Sierra and Treasure Planet: Battle at Procyon for Disney Interactive. Team members have also worked on over a dozen hit games, including Homeworld, Ground Control, Team Fortress, and Counterstrike. With an interest in games of all types, Kerberos intends to establish a reputation in the gaming industry by applying our experience towards a high standard of strategy and action games. Kerberos is a unified group of industry veterans who don't just make video games, but play and understand them.
About Lighthouse Interactive
Lighthouse Interactive is a leading publisher of interactive entertainment with offices in The Netherlands, Canada and England. Founded in 2005 by industry veterans, the company has quickly grown into a worldwide publisher with publishing operations on both the European and North American continents. With a drive for gaming that equals that of their target audience, Lighthouse has proven to have an eye for quality games in all sorts of genres, from adventure to shooters and from simulation to strategy. In 2007/2008, Lighthouse anticipates a further increase in activities, doubling up its number of releases for PC Windows to well over 10 in each market, as well as moving into console gaming. By backing its franchises all the way, Lighthouse has shown it is the right alternative for developers looking to bring their products to a worldwide audience.
Tel: +31 23 540 9449