Pre-Orders Start Today, New Collector’s Edition and Items Revealed
LONDON (27 January, 2014) – Square Enix Ltd., today announced the PlayStation®4 system version of FINAL FANTASY® XIV: A REALM REBORN™ will be released 14 th April, 2014. Official service will begin on the same day.
- Pre-orders start today, 27 th January, 2014.
- Pre-order bonuses are Early Access (allowing you to play before the official service starts) and two new in-game items.
- The limited PS4 Collector’s Edition will also be released on 14 th April with seven special items.
- Transferring to the PS4 version for existing PS3 players is free!
This bonus allows you to play the PS4 version a few days before the service starts. Early Access period is planned from 11 th April, 2014 (Friday) to 13 th April, 2014 (Sunday).
In-game Items: Mog Cap & Cait Sith Doll Minion
How you receive your pre-order code may vary depending on the store at which you place your pre-order.
The code will be distributed at the start of April. Please check the product website at a later date for full details.
PS4 Collector’s Edition
The PS4 Collector’s Edition of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn includes seven special items. Two of these are new additional items that were not included in the PS3 and PC Collector’s Edition.
Two new Collector’s Edition in-game items: Fat Chocobo Mount & Wind-up Moogle Minion
Players who own the Ver 1.0 CE or A Realm Reborn PS3 or PC version CE will be given the above two new additional in-game items at the same time as launch.
Collector’s Edition Special Items
- FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Exclusive Box
- FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Artbook –The Art of Eorzea :A Realm Reimagined–
- FINAL FANTASY XIV Seventh Umbral Era Special Movie Content Disc –The Waning of the Sixth Sun–
- In-game Items: Fat Chocobo mount / Coeurl Mount / Behemoth Barding / Wind-up Moogle / Baby Behemoth / Helm of Light
- FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Special Soundtrack –The Sounds of Eorzea–
- FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Art Card Set
- FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Themed Security Token
Transfer from PS3 version is Free!
Players with the PS3 version of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn can transfer to PS4 for free. Existing PS3 character data can also be used.
- Transfer is scheduled to start from 11 th April (Friday).
- Details of how to transfer will be revealed at a later date.
- Once you transfer to the PS4 version, you cannot play the PS3 version any longer.
- If you want to play both versions, please also purchase the PS4 version.
- If you have several service accounts on PS3, you can transfer them all to PS4.
PS4 Beta Test
The PS4 Beta test will start on 22 nd February (Saturday) – anyone with a PS4 can join!
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn for PS4 is available in the following configurations:
Standard Edition (Box/Digital)
Collector’s Edition (Box)
Collector’s Edition (Digital)
Players with the Standard Edition can upgrade to Collector’s Edition in-game items.
You can only get in-game items, nothing else.
Players who have the Collector’s Edition do not need to use this service.
You can purchase the digital upgrade on MogStation.
When you purchase FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn you get 30 days of free play included. To continue playing after 30 days you will need to subscribe. Monthly subscriptions start at £7.69 / 10.99 €.
PS4 version specs
|Required HDD Storage||Over 40GB|
|Wireless Controller (DUALSHOCK®4)||Necessary (compatible with DUALSHOCK®4)|
|Mouse/Keyboard||Optional (keyboard mode compatible)|
|Resolution||480p, 720p, 1080p|
|PlayStation®Vita Remote Play||Compatible|
Thank you for your continued support of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.
The Lodestone: http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/
Official Website: www.finalfantasyxiv.com
Official Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FinalFantasyXIV
Official YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/FINALFANTASYXIV
Official Twitter: @FF_XIV_EN
About FINAL FANTASY
Since the release of FINAL FANTASY in 1987, this unique RPG series continues to showcase the spectacular visuals, highly imaginative worlds and rich stories leading the industry and earning the highest accolades from users around the world. Titles of the series have so far achieved a cumulative shipment of over 100 million units worldwide.
About Square Enix Ltd.
Square Enix Ltd., a part of the Square Enix Europe business unit, develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content in Europe and other PAL territories as part of the Square Enix Group. Square Enix Ltd. also has a global network of leading development studios such as IO Interactive™, Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal. The Square Enix Group boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY, which has sold over 100 million units worldwide, DRAGON QUEST® which has sold over 62 million units worldwide and TOMB RAIDER® which has sold over 35 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix Ltd. is a London-based, wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix Ltd. can be found at http://www.square-enix.com/eu/en/.
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN © 2013, 2014 Square Enix, Ltd. All rights reserved. FINAL FANTASY, the FINAL FANTASY: A REALM REBORN logo, A REALM REBORN, DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, SPACE INVADERS, TAITO and TOMB RAIDER are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix Group. “PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment. “PS3”, “PS4” and “PSVITA” are trademarks of the same company. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.