Officially Licensed and Original Reproduction 911 Leather Steering Wheel Designed for the PC and PlayStation® 3
(Beverly Hills, CA)– April 28, 2008– Fanatec?, a leading brand of high-end input devices for game consoles and PCs, today introduced the Porsche? 911 Turbo Racing Wheel (MSRP: $349.99) for PC and Sony PlayStation? 3 (PS3). It offers Porsche fans and gamers alike an authentic look and feel along with a rich feature-set that delivers a genuine Porsche racing feeling when playing games such as Gran Turismo 5: Prologue, Racedriver: GRID, rFactor, etc. Starting in early May 2008, this product will be sold exclusively at www.FANATEC.com.
Licensed by Porsche Lizenz- und Handelsgesellschaft mbH, the Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo Racing Wheel offers gamers latency free wireless USB technology (wheel and pedals), three force feedback motors and smooth belt drive, both of which help to deliver sensational realism, 6+1 speed H-pattern gear stick with realistic shifting feel, and authentic wireless pedals with realistic clutch pedal (with declining resistance) and brake with soft-stop. The wheel itself is covered with fine, automotive grade leather.
Other key features include:
1. TUNING display: allows gamers to change settings like sensitivity or Force Feedback during gameplay
2. Adjustable turning angle: changes can be made directly on the wheel to 900?, 360?, 180? or in 1? steps by software
3. Extra strong Force Feedback effects: Mabuchi RS 550 Motor
4. Additional Force Feedback actuators in the wheel: stimulate motor vibrations
5. Extra smooth and silent belt drive without mechanical dead zone
6. 2 separate shifters: H-pattern and sequential
7. Illuminated buttons: show different symbols whether you connect the wheel to the PlayStation or the PC
8. 1 GB USB flash drive: Driver and manual are stored on flash drive in the shape of a Porsche key
For more information and additional features on the Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo Racing Wheel, visit: www.911wheel.com
Additional tests and reviews can be found at:
“It took us seven years to get the Porsche license and their one major condition was that we develop the best wheel out there,” said Thomas Jackermeier, CEO, Endor AG.“It was a big challenge for us and it took an enormous effort but we now know that it was worth it!”
Fanatec is a leading brand of high-end input devices for game consoles (PlayStation? 2/PlayStation? 3/Xbox?/Xbox? 360™) and PCs. Designed and manufactured by parent company ENDOR AG, the brand’s focus is centered solely on offering highly innovative and highly functional products designed to enhance and maximize the gaming experience. The brand is sold in Asia, Australia and Europe through distributors and in the U.S. directly through its ENDOR AG USA LLC subsidiary. Headquartered in Landshut, Germany, ENDOR AG was founded in 1997. For more information, visit www.endor.ag. To learn more about the Fanatec lineup of products, visit www.fanatec.com.
- XXX -