After just 5 months since the game’s global release, Faeria breaks one million downloads and releases its first expansion with new cards, mechanics, game modes and a series of exciting challenges.
Liège, August 7th – Abrakam, the makers of Faeria, the Card Battler with its unique living board gameplay, are pleased to announce the launch of their first major expansion, The Adventure Pouch: Oversky. After just five months since the game's global launch out of Steam’s Early Access, Faeria will see its biggest content update yet. The Adventure Pouch: Oversky will be further pushing the boundaries of what modern digital CCGs have to offer by developing Faeria’s in-depth strategy behind deck constructing and piloting.
Since the 1.0 release of Faeria, the game has seen a number of improvements and content addition including new cards, updates to existing mechanics, and unique new co-op content. The Adventure Pouch: Oversky will introduce 33 new collectible cards including new card mechanics, shaking up the current metagame with no telling what synergies and tactics will rise above others. The Oversky itself is a place of whimsical wonder, but also home to unforgiving challenges and danger that lurks above the clouds.
“ At Abrakam, we are strong believers in focussing on building the best games possible and allowing growth to follow organically, rather than minimising development costs and spending all of our money on marketing - and with Faeria we have put our money where our mouth is”, said Abrakam’s CMO Emilien Eloy. “ We were already extremely proud of the game we shipped in 1.0 form, but between the improvements already added since then and this new expansion, we believe Faeria is truly one of the most exciting, and unique, card games in the world.”
Players will be seeking out evil together to free the Oversky from its reign once and for all. The Oversky consists of a total of 5 unique islands to be explored, each with their unique path of sequential missions. Adventurers will be rewarded with, and given access to:
- A truly unique co-op mode: team up with a friend or with an AI ally to battle through the Oversky and conquer the Empire of Mirnast ruled by the evil Emperor
- 33 brand new cards for players to collect and build exciting new decks with, built around a thrilling new part of Faeria’s lore, called the Oversky, a region of Faeria where abundance and riches are plenty
- New card mechanics including “Wild” land requirements and the “Swallow” mechanic
- An Adventure Pouch special item/event giving access to a brand new co-op Emperor’s Challenge every day during the event, and offering awesome in-game rewards
The Adventure Pouch special item will level up based on daily activities players can participate in, and award them various special cosmetics as well as gold, gems, and chests. Actions such as PvP wins, defeating Oversky missions, and beating the daily Emperor’s Challenges all grant Adventure Pouch points. Players’ Adventure Pouches will remain open, offering access to these rewards each day, until October 9th.
The content in this expansion will be rolling out on a weekly basis, with the Adventure Pouch and daily co-op boss battles against the Emperor of Mirnast being available immediately on August 7th, and co-op content in the form of islands, bringing new cards, unlocking weekly, on August 15th, 22nd, 29th and September 5th.
A teaser video is available, and will be made public on YouTube on August 7th:
PR Contact: Corin Cole, Chief Business Officer - email@example.com
Since Faeria’s 1.0 launch:
- Gone above one million downloads of Faeria worldwide!
- We have 84% positive reviews from almost 4,000 reviews on Steam
- Introduced 12 new cards, bringing the total number in our core set to 279 (after Oversky, more than 340 cards including the 33 new Oversky cards and uncollectable Treasure cards)
- Added new solo (PvE) content, including mission packs, new puzzles and most recently a series of World Bosses to defeat which unlock when you reach certain user levels
- Maintained an active community with lively discussion on Discord and elsewhere, as well as continuing our esports support, with our official Monthly Cups ($3,300 cash prizes) and other tournaments
- Grown Faeria’s community-focused website ‘The Hub’ into the definitive place to find guides, deck sharing, videos and discussion
Abrakam is an independent game development company based in Liège, Belgium, currently crafting Faeria, the PC card battler perfected for mobile.
Faeria is a free to play title that went into Early Access in March 2016 for eager fans, and released as 1.0 one year later in March 2017. It looks to put a twist on the strategy card genre by combining with a living board to play on. Faeria’s ever growing and competitive community has encouraged a tournament structure igniting a monthly cup that has seen over 200,000 hours of the game watched since April 2016. The team at Abrakam has grown to 18 and has expanded development to iPad making Faeria a true cross platform game. Further devices will soon be included with full iOS/Android phone and tablet support coming later in 2017.