Vertigo Games releases jam-packed update for crowd-funded underwater exploration title with VR support
Rotterdam, The Netherlands – May 16, 2014: Dutch independent developer Vertigo Games has launched an update for the Rift-enabled underwater exploration game World of Diving, which lets early access players explore the deep ocean, equipped with their Rift or without, for the very first time.
In an all-new video showing off World of Diving’s first deep-sea gameplay, the crowd-funded studio takes you to the historic shipwreck of the passenger ship SS Yongala, which since 1911 lies at a depth of approximately 100 ft (30 meters) in the Great Barrier Reef: http://youtu.be/Pw8mR5uRpQ8
With this most recent update, World of Diving players are now able to visit the Great Barrier Reef and the ripped SS Yongala wreck in a huge new deep-sea map, speed up their game with the much anticipated underwater scooter, experience the developing advanced fish AI, encounter procedurally animated sharks, and more, many features of which are requests from the dedicated community.
World of Diving: Stage 0, including this latest update, is now fully playable as an early access perk that comes with pre-ordering the game on its official website: http://www.divegame.net.
# # #
Note to the editor:
World of Diving: Stage 0 is an early access playable that serves to give players a first impression of what to expect from World of Diving in the future, thereby enabling an open, informed dialogue about development. It is not representative of what World of Diving will offer in its final stages – neither in scope nor feature completeness. For media access, please contact Kimara Rouwit on email@example.com.
- New screenshots: http://we.tl/3PFiKYOwK8
- New video on YouTube: http://youtu.be/Pw8mR5uRpQ8
- New video as download: http://bit.ly/1iLKvSl
- World of Diving official website: http://www.divegame.net
- World of Diving press kit: http://www.divegame.net/presskit
World of Diving in the media
- Kotaku.com – “… something I very much want to play again.”
- IGN.com - "Such wonderful things surround you."
- Destructoid.com - "World of Diving with Oculus Rift is a real treasure"
- The New York Times – “captivating"
- Polygon - "This is the fun of virtual reality; the act of exploring a new environment was quietly joyful"
About World of Diving
World of Diving is the online multiplayer game that will bring out your inner explorer by bringing the murky, mysterious depths of our oceans and their hidden treasures within your grasp. Or step into the shoes of the designer, and build and share your own diving locations and missions with your fellow divers.
If it’s underwater, it’s part of World of Diving - armed with hi-tech deep-sea diving gear and submarine vehicles, a photo camera, and your exploration kit, it's up to you and your friends to reveal, salvage and catalog the ocean's mysteries.
- Design, create and share your own underwater missions and content
- Explore the mysteries of the ocean with up to 16 friends, or go solo
- Compete with friend and foe in exciting arcade challenges
- Discover and salvage the sunken remains of history, including rusty shipwrecks and WW2 submarines
- Interact with the amazing sea life and complete your Ocean-o-pedia with over a hundred species
- Collect a variety of special ‘diving buddies’, each adding its unique benefit to your diving skill
- Customize your character, upgrade your diving gear and ships, and more
- Take part in the community and help direct feature development
- Play using the Oculus Rift for the full immersive experience, or use a traditional monitor
About Vertigo Games
Vertigo Games is a Dutch game developer, located in the city of Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Our team has worked on a mix of entertainment and serious games, providing a unique, combined experience that is a snug fit for creating a fun and realistic game like World of Diving. These days, our team is creating some of the most advanced and realistic educational and serious games in the world, but our dream to create entertainment games has never been stronger.
Kimara Rouwit | Critical Hit PR | E: firstname.lastname@example.org | T: +31 (0) 10 84 22 689