Debuting March 2018, SEGA and Nucleus Issue Open Call for Artist Submissions
IRVINE, Calif. - Sept. 14, 2017 - The Dragon of Dojima, Kazuma Kiryu, has faced many enemies and made many allies, even family, over the past 12 years. Bringing to life his own struggles and the conflict faced by his friends, SEGA has teamed up with Los Angeles area art exhibitor Nucleus, and a wide variety of artists, for a one-time Yakuza 6: The Song of Life event and art exhibition beginning March 17 and running through April 1, 2018
Starting today, Yakuza fans who would like to submit their own Yakuza 6 fan art for consideration can begin creating and submitting their pieces. The deadline for submissions is October 2, 2017. The art that best exemplifies the 'How Far Would You Go For Family?' theme of Yakuza 6 will be selected. Artists whose work is accepted will have the opportunity to see their work and name included in the Yakuza 6 Art Book, official Yakuza Instagram account, and Yakuza 6 art exhibition.
Participating artists and additional event details will be announced at a later date. For more information, including submission guidelines, please visit: http://yakuza.sega.com/y6artcontest/
From the unparalleled realism of the new setting of Onomichi, a beautiful, sleepy port town in Hiroshima Prefecture, to the latest evolution of Kamurocho, the biggest red-light district in Tokyo, Yakuza 6 is the ultimate iteration the game's blend of gritty crime story, hyper-explosive combat, and all the vices and distractions those locales have to offer.
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life features:
- Enter the "Dragon Engine" - Explore the world of Yakuza like never before. Yakuza 6 is the first current-gen Yakuza title that was developed from the ground up for the PS4, introducing the seedy Japanese underworld with detailed visuals, lifelike animations, a new physics engine, interactive storefronts, seamless transitions and more. That's right! Fights can start on the streets and end in a pile of shattered glass, scattered snacks, and bruised bodies on the floor of the nearest Poppo convenience store.
- Explore Kamurocho Reborn and the Scenic Views of Onomichi - Speaking of Dragon Engine, the hypnotic lights, opportunistic inhabitants, and hedonistic distractions of Kamurocho look better than ever. Revamped minigames like karaoke, batting cages, darts, hostesses, and the SEGA arcade have been streamlined for maximum pleasure, and new additions like the RIZAP Gym, Cat Café, and Clan Creator are the purrfect distractions after a long night of bashing heads! But it's also time to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life to play tourist in beautiful Onomichi. This tranquil coastal community is home to plenty of local activities like bar mingling, spearfishing (think action-packed rail shooter ... with fish), and more!
- Let the Bodies Hit the Floor - Yakuza 6 Kiryu is a 100% certified thugfed OG, so that means he's a battle-hardened veteran when it comes to the art of street fighting. Although he utilizes one fighting style this time around, you best believe Kiryu hits like a truck. Devastating combos and bone-breaking Heat Actions make a return, but now the Dragon of Dojima can fill up a meter to engage Extreme Heat Mode. When activated, Kiryu glows blue and unleashes heavy-damage combos with his fists or any "tool" that's close at hand. Painting painful masterpieces has never felt so good.
- Fully Voiced Japanese Audio - For the first time in series history, every line and piece of dialogue is fully voiced in Japanese. Let the dramatic story and absurd humor of the series unfold like an interactive foreign film experience.
"After Hours Premium Edition"and Launch Edition
Since Yakuza 6 is Kiryu's last outing as the main protagonist in Yakuza, it's just proper to release the game with our first-ever premium edition! The ultra-classy "After Hours Premium Edition" contains the perfect tools to lounge like a true yakuza:
- Hardcover Art Book - The intense human drama and magnetic world of Yakuza 6 will be on display in this stunning art book. We'll have more details on what will fill the pages at a later date.
- 2 Bar Glasses (280ml) - Designed with Kiryu's ferocious dragon tattoo, these bar glasses are the perfect receptacles for your beverage of choice.
- 2 Ice Stones - Cool down your drinks with a pair of heat action branded ice stones! One features the flame heat action icon, while the other has the Japanese "kiwami" heat action icon. Chilling has never been so... extreme.
- 2 Coasters - A true yakuza knows how to relax with class, so coasters are a must have when lounging after hours. Protect table surfaces with style by placing your glasses on top of official Tojo Clan branded coasters. Plus, you won't need to play the "is this my drink?" game because of their inverted colors!
- An Outer Box - All of these essential tools will be housed within a collectable outer box.
About SEGA® of America, Inc. :
SEGA® of America, Inc. is the American arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA Games Co., Ltd., a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops, publishes and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. SEGA of America's website is located at www.sega.com