17th February, London, UK: Today, veteran iPhone/iPod Touch developers Origin8 released a major content update for their acclaimed sci-fi strategy game "Space Station: Frontier". Released in late December to an overwhelmingly positive reception, "Space Station: Frontier" has developed a passionate fan base whose input has been invaluable during post-release development.
This free version 1.1 update extends Campaign Mode from 10 missions to 15, adds a new endless game mode, and provides new structures for use in mining and defence. Fittingly, the new content includes the first on-screen depiction of the venerable dropship "Sentinel", just two days before the anniversary of the "Sentinel: Mars Defense" release. New content is fully integrated with the OpenFeint social gaming platform, and bug fixes and balance tweaks round out developments. The full feature list follows:
• Campaign mode has been extended with 5 new missions and new gameplay features.
• Added "Protect", a completely new endless game mode.
• A new "Rail Cannon" turret is available to buy in the shipyard.
• A new "Emergency Battery" upgrade can be bought from the shipyard.
• Power generators can now be upgraded.
• Enemy waves in endless modes have been completely rebalanced.
• New OpenFeint achievements and leaderboards.
• Bug and crash fixes.
"Space Station: Frontier" is available from the iTunes App Store at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/space-station-frontier/id346227455?mt=8, for $2.99 or regional equivalent.
About us: Origin8 is an innovative mobile developer based in London, UK. With an experienced team whose credits cover a vast number of gaming platforms, they specialise in games and entertainment for the Apple iPhone and iPod Touch. Origin8’s acclaimed products include "Sentinel: Mars Defense", one of Apple’s App Store Anniversary top 30 games.