Bracknell, October 2008
Kalypso Media have today announced they will be publishing 4 Add On packs for the hit space strategy PC game Sins of a Solar Empire. The first of these Add On packs will be published in Q4 2008 for?7.99 and available via download from Impulse.
Sins of a Solar Empire, which was brought to Europe by Kalypso Media has been a huge hit throughout Europe reaching second place in both the British and French PC game charts.
Sins of a Solar Empire has provided gamers with real-time strategy gaming in a new dimension. In Sins of a Solar Empire the future survival of the human race is at threat, with three mighty races fighting over control of the galaxy. Players have the opportunity to command one of these three races and attempt to survive and dominate the galaxy. Your success depends on your ability to govern your empire and to command your star-fleet. A finaly balanced combination of diplomacy, economics and military power are vital for gaining the upper hand and becoming Master of the Universe!
The first Add On will include:
- Star Bases, which can be customized and upgraded over time
- Race specific Star Bases which will have a unique variety of upgradable characteristics. The ability to upgrade your Star Bases is limited so players will have to think strategically and plan carefully!
- The number of Star Bases each gamer can control will now be limited by a new research feature.
- More Star Base goodies– both race specific and generic.
- Mine field designs specific to each race and essential for hindering and endangering enemy forces.
- More types of mines.
- More defence systems both race specific and generic.
- New artifacts and planet properties.
- And much more…
The first Sins of a Solar Empire Add On will be available via download at the online platform Impulse in Q4 2008.
About Kalypso Media
Specialise in the publishing of interactive media– primarily computer games - Kalypso Media was founded in summer 2006 by industry veterans Simon Hellwig and Stefan Marcinek. A year later, the sister company Kalypso Media UK Ltd. was opened in England and is now led by Andrew Johnson and Charlie Barrett, two experienced members of the Kalypso Media Group management team.