30 April 2014 - Post-apocalyptic adventure Exogenesis by Philippines-based studio Kwan is now slated to release on Steam after getting approved via Steam Greenlight as it reached 30% of its $32,000 Kickstarter funding goal in just 7 days.
Zero Escape creator Kotaro Uchikoshi also acknowledged the Zero Escape-inspired game on social media, where he is quoted as saying "I'm looking forward to this."
Japanese media also wrote about the English-language game, most notably Yahoo! Japan.
"Exogenesis ~Perils of Rebirth~" is a post-apocalyptic adventure/visual novel hybrid inspired by Ace Attorney and Zero Escape games. It combines the point-and-click gameplay of adventure games with the heavy focus on storytelling found in visual novels.
Set in post-apocalyptic Japan, the story of Exogenesis is about former wasteland treasure hunter Yu Sayashi who's on a quest to revive his dead sister. Players have praised the game's high production values relative to other titles in the genre, and the story's themes are nearly unheard of in commercial visual novels.
- 20+ hours of gameplay across 6 chapters, spanning over 150k+ words with multiple endings
- Over 60 major and minor characters
- Alternate between exploration and puzzle solving, with mini-puzzles during exploration
- Gather evidence from puzzles and conversations to recruit your former comrades
- Stunning rendition of post-apocalyptic Japan with real-life landmarks
- 3-4 hour demo
Release Date: Q4 2014
Platform: PC, Mac, Linux
You can find our website at: http://exogenesisvn.com/
Follow us on Twitter for all the updated news: https://twitter.com/exogenesisvn