The world’s best StarCraft® II players compete for cash prizes and glory at events around the globe
Cologne, June 21, 2012– Turtle Entertainment, operators of the Electronic Sports League (ESL), and Blizzard Entertainment are pleased to announce their partnership on multiple tournaments in the 2012 StarCraft? II World Championship Series.
Electronic Sports League will bring their expertise to twelve events of Blizzard’s StarCraft II World Championship Series. The WCS, which kicked off in April this year, has already provided intense competition for thousands of viewers to enjoy and promises even more heated battles for eSports viewers as the series progresses.
ESL and Blizzard are partnering for eleven Nationals events around the world, which will follow online qualification stages, plus one of the Continental Finals. The event locations include Naples (Italy), Wroclaw (Poland), Rotterdam (the Netherlands), Madrid (Spain), Cologne (Germany), London (UK), Singapore, Paris (France), Kiev (Ukraine) and Rio de Janeiro (Brazil). There will be one further Nationals tournament held in the ESL TV studio for players from those European countries which do not have a dedicated Nationals tournament. ESL will also partner with Blizzard at the South American Continental Finals in Sao Paulo (Brazil), which will feature the winners of all the Nationals on the continent.
Throughout the summer, players from all over the world are competing for places at StarCraft II World Championship Series events ( http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/4055892). The winners of the Nationals qualify for the Continental events, which will determine the participants of the ultimate showdown: the Global Finals of the StarCraft II World Championship Series, to be held at the Battle.net? World Championship in Asia later this year.
Blizzard Entertainment’s StarCraft II World Championship Series tournaments in partnership with ESL:
- May 1: Italy Nationals, Naples
- May 5/6: Brazil Nationals, Rio de Janeiro
- May 12: Poland Nationals, Wroclaw
- May 12: Netherlands&Belgium Nationals, Rotterdam
- May 26/27: Spain Nationals, Madrid (studio tournament with public Barcraft events in Madrid and Barcelona)
- June 2/3: Germany Nationals, Cologne
- June 23: Singapore Nationals
- June 23/24:“Combined European” Nationals (ESL TV studio event)
- June 30/July 1: UK Nationals, London
- July 5– 8: France Nationals, Paris
- July 14/15: South America Finals, Sao Paulo (Brazil)
- July 21/22: Russian Federation&Ukraine Nationals, Kiev
Electronic Sports League
The Electronic Sports League (ESL) is the largest and most important league for gamers in Europe consisting of more than 3.4 million registered members and more than 800,000 registered teams. ESL is operated by the company Turtle Entertainment GmbH since 2000 and offers more than 3,500 professional leagues and amateur ladders from a variety of games. ESL has several franchise holders and subsidiaries working in more than 40 countries around the globe.
Further information: www.esl.eu
About Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.
Best known for blockbuster hits including World of Warcraft? and the Warcraft?, StarCraft?, and Diablo? series, Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. ( www.blizzard.com), a division of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), is a premier developer and publisher of entertainment software renowned for creating some of the industry's most critically acclaimed games. Blizzard Entertainment’s track record includes fourteen #1-selling games and multiple Game of the Year awards. The company's online-gaming service, Battle.net?, is one of the largest in the world, with millions of active players.
All links at one glance:
- Press Release as PDF: www.turtle-entertainment.com/Dateien/PM_Blizzard-SCWC_EN
- This Press Release online: www.turtle-entertainment.de/?press¤t_press_release&1535
- StarCraft II World Championship Series events: http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/4055892
- Blizzard Entertainment: www.blizzard.com
- Turtle Entertainment: www.turtle-entertainment.com
- Turtle Entertainment (Press): www.turtle-entertainment.com/?press
- Trailer Turtle Entertainment GmbH (Flashmovies): http://files.turtle-entertainment.de/videos/eslpromo.html