New Collectible Card Arena (CCA) game from S2 Games combines quick-thinking strategy with deep customization options only possible on PC
KALAMAZOO, MI – APRIL 11, 2017 – S2 Games, creators of renowned massively-multiplayer online games Heroes of Newerth and Strife , and BNA Studios today revealed Brawl of Ages, a free-to-play online multiplayer collectible card arena game that draws inspiration from previous S2 Games titles. Starting today the game is now available to all players as a free-to-play Early Access title for Windows PC, Mac and Linux via Steam.
Brawl of Ages is a real-time multiplayer battle game that combines the quick competitiveness and on-the-fly strategy of the Collectible Card Arena (CCA) genre with the customization and personalization only possible in a PC game. With simple core gameplay that is easy to understand, Brawl of Ages branches out with endless strategic options that rewards players who take the time to focus on skill and timing, pitting opponents against each other in intense head-to-head matches with a variety of diverse and powerful cards at their disposal.
"As we developed Brawl of Ages and took feedback from the closed beta, we were inspired by several RTS, MOBA, RPG and Tower Defense games as we wanted to hit the key features of these games with none of the drawbacks typically found in these genres,” said Marc DeForest, CEO of S2 Games. “ Brawl of Ages was designed with casual and competitive gamers in mind so players can quickly enjoy an intense action-strategy game or dig deeper and create unique decks and strategies as they rank up over time.”
Featuring stylized characters from previous S2 Games titles, Brawl of Ages does away with restrictive time-gating barriers for slow progression such as chest timers, card leveling and premium-only cards, replacing them with deep customization, manipulatable units and free camera control.
In Brawl of Ages, players build a deck of 10 cards from a broad selection of unique card types. These range from units and spells that attack enemies to totems and buildings that defend a player’s base. When ready, two opponents are dropped into a real-time battle arena – equipped with 20 Mana to summon cards, two lane towers and a main tower for defense – divided by water with two lanes leading to their individual bases. By timing the use of their cards to defend and attack at once, players can win the match, earn currency to unlock new cards and rank up to become the best Brawl of Ages battler.
Brawl of Ages’ key features also include:
Three Distinct Multiplayer Modes
- Ladder mode - Compete against other players and work up the season-based ladder standings. Special tournaments and prizes will be set after the initial pre-season for the leaders of the ladder.
- Conquest mode - Players must win ten times before three losses to win big prizes, with each victory bringing better prizes. Players get one free Conquest mode entry every 24 hours.
- Brawl Club – Players can create and join Clubs of up to 50 players. Here they can communicate with text and voice chat, challenge each other, rank up the Club Ladder and earn additional content.
- Big Brawl Boards – By collecting free spins from playing in Standard or Conquest mode, players can spin the Big Brawl Board, a board with 14 random items to win with each spin. Higher quality boards can be purchased with gems, Brawl of Ages’ premium currency.
- Robust Crafting System – During gameplay, players collect Valor which is used to craft and unlock cards for their decks . Valor can be earned from regular play and the Big Brawls Board
Brawl of Ages Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/brawlofages
Brawl of Ages Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrawlofAgesGame
About S2 Games
S2 Games is a game publisher and developer with a mission to identify, develop, evolve and unleash the future of online multiplayer games. Since its inception in 2003, S2 has been focused on driving innovation into the global online game space, through identifying and solving industry issues, listening closely to its passionate gamer base and incorporating features that gamers truly want.
For more information on S2, please visit www.S2games.com .