Make Tropico bigger, better and even greater than ever before on PC and consoles in 2018
Bracknell, UK, 13 th June, 2017 – In times of political turmoil and social unrest, the people are calling out for a visionary leader, one who will steer the fate of their country with foresight and ingenuity. Kalypso Media is thrilled to announce El Presidente’s glorious return in Tropico 6, launching on Windows PC, Mac, Linux, PlayStation®4 and Xbox One in 2018. Prove yourself once again as a feared dictator or a peace-loving statesman on the island state of Tropico and shape the fate of your nation through four distinctive eras. Face new challenges on the international stage and always keep the needs of your people in mind, in spite of any negative press covfefe.
Tropico 6 represents a bold new lease of life for the much-loved series, with new developer Limbic Entertainment bringing exciting new ideas to El Presidente’s highly-polished table, as well as a stunning new engine developed in Unreal Engine 4. For the first time in the series, manage extensive archipelagos, build bridges to connect your islands and establish new means of transportation and infrastructure. Send your agents on raids to steal the wonders of the world, including the Statue of Liberty and the Eiffel Tower. Customize your palace at will and give election speeches from your balcony, to win the favour of your subjects. Tropico 6 is the biggest, most beautiful and most ambitious entry in the series’ history, with many more exciting features to be announced in the coming weeks and months.
- Watch the Tropico 6 announcement trailer
- Play on large archipelagos for the first time in the series. Manage multiple islands at the same time and adapt to various new challenges.
- Send your agents on raids to foreign lands to steal world wonders and monuments, to add them to your collection.
- Build bridges, construct tunnels and transport your citizens and tourists in taxis, buses and aerial cable cars. Tropico 6 offers completely new transportation and infrastructure possibilities.
- Customize the looks of your palace at will and choose from various extras.
- Tropico 6 features a revised research system focusing on the political aspects of being the world’s greatest dictator.
- Election speeches are back! Address the people and make promises that you can’t possibly keep.
- Cooperative and competitive multiplayer for up to four players.
For more information please contact:
Head of PR Western Europe & North America / Marketing Manager UK
Marketing and PR Assistant, Kalypso Media UK
Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter @KalypsoMediaUK
About The Kalypso Media Group
Celebrating its 10th year in the video games industry, the Kalypso Media Group is a global, independent developer, marketer and publisher of interactive entertainment software with close to 100 employees worldwide with seven offices across Germany, the United Kingdom and the United States. Kalypso Media also enjoys very strong global digital distribution through its Kalypso Media Digital Ltd. subsidiary, owns two development studios – Realmforge Studios GmbH and Gaming Minds Studios GmbH – and works with multiple leading independent developers. In 2015, Kalypso Media Mobile was founded in Hamburg, Germany to deliver great games globally for mobile devices.
Kalypso Media‘s titles include the critically acclaimed Tropico 3, Tropico 4, Tropico 5 (PC, Xbox 360, PS4), Vikings - Wolves of Midgard (PC, PS4, Xbox One), Dungeons and Dungeons 2. Upcoming titles include Sudden Strike 4 (PC, PS4), Shadow Tactics – Blades of the Shogun (PS4, Xbox One), Blackguards 2 (PS4, Xbox One), Dungeons 3 (PC, PS4, Xbox One) and Railway Empire (PC, PS4, Xbox One). Further information about Kalypso Media is available at http://www.kalypsomedia.com .