(Innsbruck, Austria) July 24, 2014 - stillalive studios, Viva Media and bitComposer jointly announce the Early Access release of Son of Nor , the epic action-adventure game from stillalive studios, an Innsbruck-based developer. Son of Nor is set in Noshrac, a world inhabited by a minority of human survivors and a race of hostile creatures called Sarahul, both left behind by ancient Gods in a legacy of conflict. As a member of the last surviving humans with magical powers, the Sons of Nor defend all that’s left and battle against the Sarahul to avoid total annihilation and ultimately extinction.
Son of Nor ’s dynamic game world features novel game mechanics like terraforming and telekinesis, which can be combined by the player . This unique ability to combine features allows players a new level of creativity in their actions. As players experience the world of Noshrac in Early Access, they will gain access to 14 levels of fully functional gameplay. The final launch will support various gadgets, including the Tobii eye tracker and Oculus. Multi-player (4 person) and local co-op (2 person) via split screen are also supported.
In Son of Nor, a new level of technical achievement has been reached with its sophisticated terraforming game mechanic. Developed by Mautner, a Physics graduate, the algorithm powers the simulation of sand flow and interacts with physical objects in a natural way. In this dynamic game world, one can manipulate sand, move and throw objects, tear out rocks from canyon walls and even pick up enemies to place them where they wish.
Julian Mautner, lead Engineer and Founder of stillalive studios, noted that, “In Son of Nor, we have pushed the terraforming game mechanic further than before, bringing a higher degree of gameplay freedom and intensity to the action-adventure genre.”
Son of Nor is now available on Steam Early Access for € 19.99 / $ 19.99 / £ 14.99.
More Information about Son of Nor can be found at www.sonofnor.com
Son of Nor is now available on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/264000/
To view Son of Nor official Early Access trailer please visit: http://youtu.be/vuAVzWVNkqc
In the final version of the game, players can expect a lot more exciting features!
Features in the Early Access Version:
- 14 complete levels with all game mechanics fully functional
- Multiplayer debut with up to 4 players via the Steam platform, or 2 player on local co-op mode, or simply play alone
- Play your style - use telekinesis to fight your way through, carefully prepare traps, avoid fights altogether or join forces with your friends
- Move and shape the desert using terraforming: lower and raise sand to gain tactical advantage, create barriers, trigger traps, or bury entire buildings to escape your pursuers
- Tear rocks out of canyon walls to hurl them at opponents, or use your telekinetic powers in puzzles
- Use elements like fire and wind to summon powerful spells. Combine them to wreak havoc upon your enemies
- Get immersed in the world of Son of No r: no GUI or HUD, everything is embedded naturally and intuitively in the world’s environment
- Cleverly rid yourself of enemies, move and throw objects and create levitating bridges with telekinesis
- Use your powers to overcome enemy attacks and solve intriguing and rewarding puzzles
- A very atmospheric and mysterious sound track composed specifically for Son of Nor .
- Supports SteelSeries Sentry Eye tracking and Tobii Eye tracker: Control your powers intuitively by using your eyes
- Oculus Virtual Reality Headset*
- Emotiv EPOC, Brain Computer Interface*
About stillalive studios
stillalive studios is a young independent game development team whose goal is to create innovative, dynamic and unique games. The company was founded in early 2013 in Innsbruck (Austria). Today’s team counts 15 members distributed all over the world from Switzerland, Germany, Finland, Italy, US, and Ecuador. The studio’s focus lies on multiplayer Indie core-games for PC, Mac and Linux with unique game mechanics.
About bitComposer Entertainment
bitComposer Entertainment AG is an independent PC and video games publishing company based in Eschborn, Germany. The company focuses on the national and international marketing of entertainment products for the classic PC, console and handheld platforms, while its subsidiary, bitComposer Online GmbH, specializes in the fast-growing online games market. bitComposer draws on experienced development teams and providers from across the globe to realize its in-house projects, licensed products and commissioned productions. Further information about bitComposer can be found at www.bitComposer.com.
About Viva Media
Founded in 1999, Viva Media publishes, produces and develops high quality games for a variety of platforms, including PC, Android, iOS and other mobile devices. The Minneapolis-based company publishes a dazzling array of interactive computer games — all to the highest standards. With more than150 games, the company’s collection has garnered more than 100 awards for excellence in interactive publishing.