RALLY AND RALLYCROSS DRIVERS TALK ABOUT HOW THEY COMBAT FEAR IN LATEST DiRT 4 TRAILER
Friday 12th May (10am UK time) – Codemasters & Koch Media today released a new DiRT® 4™ trailer where professional rally and rallycross drivers, including Kris Meeke, double world champion Petter Solberg and the Hansen brothers, talk about how they compete against fear as they push to go faster and finish on the top step of the podium. The new video reflects DiRT 4’s Be Fearless tagline and is available to view now at www.youtube.com/dirtgame .
YouTube Link: https://youtu.be/tmvKZtkZw0E
DiRT 4 puts you at the wheel of some of the world’s most iconic and powerful off-road vehicles as you test yourself against the road and the elements in a battle against the clock. There is also multicar racing in rallycross and landrush where you will have to be brave and fast in order to take the chequered flag.
World renowned rally driver Kris Meeke, who worked as a handling consultant on DiRT 4 commented: “You have to forget about the fear factor. It’s purely about winning or losing. That’s the real special element in rally.”
Two time FIA World Rallycross champion and DiRT 4 handling consultant Petter Solberg said: “If you believe in yourself a lot, you know you will jump in the car again and be fast... I won three races in a row after probably the biggest ever accident in rally. It’s about how much you want it!”
Featuring two different handling models, Gamer and Simulation, DiRT 4 offers both depth and accessibility for players old and new to the franchise. The game’s innovative Your Stage system allows you to produce a near infinite number of unique rally stages at the touch of a button. Your Stage allows experienced rally players to create longer, more technical routes, whilst newcomers can create simpler shorter routes as they hone their skills.
· OVER 50 OF THE MOST BREATH-TAKING OFF-ROAD CARS EVER BUILT – Including the Ford Fiesta R5, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI, Subaru WRX STI NR4 and Audi Sport quattro S1 E2
· 5 INCREDIBLE RALLY LOCATIONS WITH MILLIONS OF ROUTES – Australia, Spain, Michigan, Sweden & Wales
· THE OFFICIAL GAME OF THE FIA WORLD RALLYCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP – Race at Montalegre, Lohéac Bretagne, Hell, Holjes & Lydden Hill in a multitude of different series
· LANDRUSH – Short-course dirt track racing in Pro Buggies, Pro-2 Trucks, Pro-4 Trucks and Crosskart vehicles in California, Nevada and Mexico
· DiRT ACADEMY – Taking place at the DirtFish Rally School in Washington, USA, learn the skills, techniques and practice to become the best
· JOYRIDE - DirtFish becomes your personal playground for time attack challenges, smash attack challenges and a free roam area
· CAREER MODE – create your driver, compete across the disciplines, gain sponsors and build your team with clear goals and rewards
· COMPETITIVE GAMING – Daily, weekly and month-long challenges against fellow players from around the world
· NEXT GENERATION OF RACENET – Live ladder, tournaments and cross-platform leaderboards
· TUNING – Tweak your set-up based on vehicle, track and weather conditions to best suit your racing style
· DAMAGE & REPAIRS – Wear and tear is faithfully recreated with an improved and realistic damage model. Damage can be repaired by hiring Engineers to work in the team’s Service Area between stages but with a finite amount of time available.
Playstation 4, Xbox One, PC/Steam
6 th/9 th June 2017
# ENDS #
Codemasters, the award winning video game developer and publisher, has a 30 year heritage. With titles distributed globally, Codemasters is a leading developer and publisher of driving and racing entertainment games including DiRT, GRID and the official BAFTA award-winning FORMULA 1 series of videogames. The company is fully controlled by Reliance Big Entertainment Ltd. (RBEL). For more information on Codemasters’ product portfolio, please visit www.codemasters.com . Join in the conversation with @codemasters on Twitter or Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/codemasters .
ABOUT KOCH MEDIA:
Koch Media is a leading producer and distributor of digital entertainment products (software, games and films). The company's own publishing activities, marketing and distribution extend throughout Europe and the USA. The Koch Media group has more than 20 years of experience in the digital media business, and has risen to become the number one distributor in Europe. It has also formed strategic alliances with numerous games and software publishers: Bethesda, Capcom, Kaspersky Labs, NC SOFT, Sega, Square Enix and Tecmo-Koei, etc. in various European countries. With Headquarters in Planegg near Munich/Germany, Koch Media owns branches in Germany, England, France, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, the Nordic regions, Benelux and the United States. www.kochmedia.com