Hold on to your kilts and prepare the porridge, it's time to defend the Scots of the world!
In a world of growing xenophobia, Scotsmen living abroad fear for their right to practice their culture. Foreign governments and vigilantes have been shutting down haggis factories that were once the lifeblood of local Scottish communities and driving them out of their homes. One Scotsman has the power to stand up to the world - his name is Alfredo.
Following on from the highly successful Defend the Highlands, Defend the Highlands World Tour combines the genres of Tower Defence, Real Time Strategy and Scotland. Build defences, recruit from the best highland clans, manage their porridge stockpile and protect Scots from around the world.
If Nicola Sturgeon had used these tactics, the Scottish independence vote would have been VERY different!
A humble barman from the highlands of Scotland, Alfredo rose to prominence when he conquered England, Wales and Ireland, after an English cricket team and a group of Irish potato farmers trashed his pub. Taking on the whole world, however, will not be so easy. Alfredo gathers together the finest fighting Scotsmen and sets forth in his Bagpipe Airship on a mission to liberate global Scottish communities, one haggis factory at a time.
- Battle against 24 haggis bashing enemies, from gun-toting Rednecks to Kangaroo Riding Aussie Sheila’s in bikinis.
- Face down 6 evil bosses, including Napoleon, Mussolini and Oda Nobunaga.
- Build 12 types of weapons, from the traditional Scottish Porridge Cannon, to the foreign French Fondue Hose.
- Command 7 hero characters including Alfredo, Julius Caesar and Buddha and more.
- Fight through the 24 level campaign, or stage your ultimate battle in skirmish mode.
- Operate the Kilt-Lift-O-Matic, which provides a strong updraft for Scotsmen to descend from the Bagpipe Airship using their kilts as parachutes.
- Capture and hold oat fields to produce porridge to feed your army.
- Purchase upgrades for your Scotsmen and towers using money earned during levels.
Players: Single Player
Publisher: Kiss Ltd
Developer: Kilted Camel
Release Date: Friday 12 May 2015
SRP: $9.99, £6.99, 9,99€
About the Early Access build
Defend the Highlands World Tour is the latest in a line of hugely successful Early Access titles from Kiss Ltd, including Rising World and Project Nimbus. The game already features most of the key gameplay mechanics. However, given the size of the dev studio, the developer needs the help & support of the gaming community prior to a full launch to help add the finishing touches.
For all media enquiries regarding Defend the Highlands World Tour, please contact Dave Clark at Kiss ( email@example.com).
YouTubers and Twitch streamers can request press keys via Keymailer.
About the developer
Kilted Camel is a one-man game studio, located way out in the sticks of Albany, Western Australia (that well known corner of Scotland). ‘Defend the Highlands’ was the studios first game which began as a student project and soon became a single-minded obsession. The success of Defend the Highlands has allowed the studio to focus on developing Defend The Highlands World Tour.