Watch the Free DLC in Action This Thursday at 12 p.m. EDT
New World Interactive, creators of the award-winning Insurgency series, have announced the first major content update for their hardcore WWII multiplayer shooter, Day of Infamy!
The Aussie Update, launching on Thursday, May 18 at 10 a.m. EDT / 2 p.m. GMT, focuses on adding new Australian units for the Commonwealth faction along with, the African-American 761st “Black Panthers” Tank Battalion, The Black Watch Scottish regiment, and German 272nd Volks-Grenadier Division. Also included are new melee weapon unlocks, the iconic Australian Owen Gun, a brand new community-made map named Rhineland, an improved ranking system and much more – best of all, it’s completely free.
Watch the Aussie Update in 10 Seconds
To celebrate the launch of the Aussie Update, Day of Infamy will be on sale at 25% off for two weeks. As an additional bonus, those who purchase Day of Infamy in the first 24 hours via Chrono.gg will also get the award-winning Insurgency absolutely FREE!
(Free Insurgency offer expires: Friday, May 19, 2017 at 9 a.m. PDT)
The Day of Infamy Aussie Update includes:
- New Map : Rhineland.
: Australian unit includes new authentic voice acting and the
iconic Slouch Hat.
- 2/17th Battalion - new Australian unit for the Commonwealth faction.
- The Black Watch - a Scottish unit for the Commonwealth faction.
- 761st Tank Battalion "Black Panthers" - an African-American unit for the U.S. Army faction.
- 272nd Volksgrenadier Division - new brown camouflage for the German Wehrmacht faction.
- New Owen submachine gun available for Commonwealth faction on maps when the Aussie units are available.
- New Melee weapons including entrenching tools, shovels, Commando knife, brass knuckles and more.
- New unlockable Veteran weapon skins and cloth wraps. Available for the K98, Lee Enfield, Springfield, and Garand rifles. These veteran skins unlock when reaching kill thresholds for each rifle.
Overhauled Ranking system including:
- Four additional Officer ranks, including Lieutenant, Captain, Major, and Colonel.
- Introducing a new Tour system that allows players to reset their rank and start over again after reaching 1 million points with 15 unit unlock thresholds per Tour.
Day of Infamy started in 2015 as a mod for Insurgency, created by the developers at New World and members of their modding community. Since then, New World has worked hard to stay true to their design roots established by Insurgency, but also shaped Day of Infamy into a unique World War II shooter that can stand on its own.
Day of Infamy is available now on Windows, Mac and Linux for $19.99 (USD). In celebration of the Aussie Update, there will be a 25% discount ($14.99 USD) until May 31, 2017. Those who purchase Day of Infamy on Chrono.gg in the first 24 hours will get the 25% off discount and Insurgency for FREE!
About New World
New World Interactive is an independent developer and publisher with deeply grounded roots in game development. Many of the core team members started as hobbyists creating the games they wanted to play. This foundation shaped itself into a unique development process which has led to the creation of New World’s debut title, Insurgency. In the wake of Insurgency‘s success in reaching more than 3 million players, New World plans to continue creating compelling, disruptive new experiences with Day of Infamy and Insurgency: Sandstorm. http://newworldinteractive.com/