150 Member Centers Across North America to Celebrate the Release of 2007's Most Anticipated PC Title
One-Day Launch Party, December 1; Two-Week Showcase, December 3-26
Leading game center organization iGames will host a series of special events to celebrate the release of Crysis?, Electronic Arts’ next-generation first-person shooter, developed by Crytek, which many are heralding as the most advanced videogame ever created and one of the most anticipated PC titles of 2007.
The first event will be a one-day launch party, Saturday, December 1, followed by an expanded showcase, December 3-26, allowing FPS fans of all stripes one free hour over a two-week period to sample the eagerly anticipated and critically acclaimed title, which is being heralded as the most advanced videogame ever created and the most anticipated PC game of 2007.
• Launch Party: 50 select iGames member centers across North America. Find a location near you and register for a seat at http://www.igames.org/events.asp?event=7628
• Showcase: 100 additional iGames member centers. Find a location near you at http://www.igames.org/events.asp?event=7629
ABOUT THE GAME:
Crysis? is a next-generation PC first-person shooter from Crytek, the award-winning developers of Far Cry. A stunning technical achievement, Crysis combines incredible visuals, cunning gameplay and an epic story that challenges gamers to adapt to survive.
Global tensions have reached boiling point as the U.S. and North Korea square off in the South China Sea. At stake: a mysterious artifact uncovered by a team of U.S. archeologists.
The North Korean government quickly seizes the area, prompting the U.S. to dispatch an elite team of Special Forces operatives on a rescue mission. During the siege the true nature of the artifact quickly emerges, pointing to the existence of an alien presence on Earth, and ultimately the trigger for a massive-scale alien invasion.
The battle to save Earth begins as the aliens’ flash freeze the tropics into a ghostly-white frozen landscape. As gamers take up arms against the aliens, they will be outfitted with customizable weapons and a high-tech Nanosuit, allowing them to adapt their tactics and abilities to a hostile, ever-changing environment and a mysterious enemy.
Powered by CryENGINE 2™, Crysis delivers the ultimate DirectX?10 gaming experience for the PC, including unparalleled graphics, special effects and artificial intelligence. The game is also scaleable to deliver a breath-taking FPS experience for older DirectX 9 PCs.
• Adapt to Survive– An epic story thrusts players into an ever-changing environment, forcing them to adapt their tactics and approach to conquer battlefields ranging from newly frozen jungle to zero-gravity alien environments.
• Suit up!– A high-tech Nanosuit allows gamers to augment their abilities in real time on the battlefield. Players can choose to enhance their speed, strength, armor and cloaking abilities to approach situations in creative tactical ways
• Customizable Weaponry– A huge arsenal of modular weaponry gives gamers unprecedented control over their play style. Blow the opposition away with experimental weapons, discover alien technology and utilize custom ammunition from incendiary-tipped rounds to tactical munitions that can silently put foes to sleep.
• Veni Vidi Vici– Lifelike enemy AI challenges players to assess a situation and approach it strategically. It isn’t about having the fastest trigger finger– players are challenged to be proactive in the fight, not reactive.
• Zero-G Gameplay– Battle a horrifying alien species in a true Zero-gravity environment, where physics change everything as players must adapt to moving in Zero-G and contending with the recoil from their weapons and more.
• Next-Generation Graphics– Built from the ground up using Crytek’s proprietary CryENGINE™ 2, Crysis’ visuals define“state of the art,” with full DirectX10 support and scalable options to deliver solid performance on older machines.
• Open, Physicalized World– Choose your own path through the open world of Crysis, destroying obstacles, driving vehicles from VTOL’s to boats and using the environment itself against your enemies.
• Bring it Online– Full-featured multiplayer for up to 32 players with real-time armor and weapons customization. For a pure adrenaline fix hit the Instant Action button, or prepare yourself for the all-new multiplayer PowerStruggle mode that combines economy and vehicle warfare, alien technology and ranking, all wrapped in a strategic objective-based experience.
Crysis? is rated "M" for“Mature” by the ESRB and carries a suggested retail price of $49.99 for the regular edition and $59.99 for the Limited Collector's Edition. To learn more about the game, visit http://www.ea.com/crysis.
For more information and a complete list of iGames game centers hosting these events, including signup information, visit http://www.igames.org or contact the iGames promotions team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
iGames, Inc. offers a wide range of services to help independent and franchised game centers. iGames’ mission is to promote and develop the growth of the game center industry. Its services unite game centers with the goal of establishing them as the driving force enabling the interactive entertainment industry to become the number one form of entertainment around the world. iGames has established strong relationships with industry leaders to provide a wide variety of products, services and programs to member game centers and gamers including software licensing, hardware discounts, exclusive game premieres, tournaments, and game nights. Today the company counts well over 500 centers and 1.2 million gamers, initiating and co-organizing more than 200 events a year. To learn more about iGames, go to www.igames.org.
About Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts Inc. (EA), headquartered in Redwood City, California, is the world's leading interactive entertainment software company. Founded in 1982, the company develops, publishes, and distributes interactive software worldwide for video game systems, personal computers, cellular handsets and the Internet. Electronic Arts markets its products under four brand names: EA™, EA SPORTS™, EA SPORTS BIG™ and POGO™. In fiscal 2007, EA posted revenue of $3.09 billion and had 24 titles that sold more than one million copies. EA's homepage and online game site is www.ea.com. More information about EA's products and full text of press releases can be found on the Internet at www.ea.com/press
About Crytek GmbH
Crytek GmbH ("Crytek") creators of the multiple award winning next- generation first person shooter Far Cry?, and the recently released blockbuster hit Crysis?, awarded as best PC Game of both E3 2007 and the 2007 Leipzig Games Convention, is an interactive entertainment development company with its headquarters located in Frankfurt/Main, Germany and additional studios in Kiev, Ukraine and Budapest, Hungary. Crytek is dedicated to creating exceptionally high quality video games for the PC and next-generation consoles, powered by their proprietary cutting edge 3D-Game-Technology CryENGINE? 2. For more information about Crytek, please visit http://www.crytek.com . Development teams who are interested in obtaining a commercial license for the CryENGINE? 2 middleware should mail their inquiries to cryengine crytek.com.
# # #
Bill Lessard / iGames / email@example.com / 914.476.6089
Crytek, Crysis and CryENGINE are trademarks or registered trademarks of Crytek GmbH in the U.S and/or other countries. Electronic Arts, EA, EA SPORTS, EA SPORTS BIG and POGO are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All rights reserved. DirectX is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.