The indirect god sim introduces monuments, a storybuilder & tons of skeletons in the latest Early Access updatep>
November 28th, 2017 - Gotland, Sweden - Today Swedish developer Eat Create Sleep released the new Community Update for their indirect god sim Crest. Based on the feedback and wishes from the community, the update focuses on giving the players and the world itself more options to express themselves. Allowing for even more memorable experiences like the following:
"My largest city starved to death despite producing a ton of food because its high priest decided to interpret the commandment "Give food to the hungry" as "Sail out to the sea and throw all of our food to the fish to please our god." and I didn't have the influence to stop it until it was already too late."
- Dr. Dictor D. Dankenstein
"When I asked my followers to strike back against those murderous lions, they somehow thought I meant them to destroy all resources near them and kill all followers living in the jungle. The extinction was quick."
You can find the trailer for the Community update here.
Crest lets you explore the high-concept of religion by building your own. By only communicating with your followers by issuing commandments, Crest offers a unique approach to the classic god game genre. How these commandments are interpreted and remembered, depends on the experiences your followers make and will constantly change. Crest is currently out in Early Access and is set to release Q1 2018.
Today's release of the community update includes:
- Monuments: Your followers are now able to build monuments to commemorate you. Each monument consists of three different tiers, each boosting esteem of your followers.
- Remnants of the world: Slowly degrading ruins, areas plastered with skeletons of previous wars or hunting sprees - the world remembers your actions now more visiually.
- Event notifications: A customizable bulletin board informs you about everything that happens in the world to give you a much better overview.
- Storybuilder: Reminisce over your past playthrough by reading individually built stories of your world's history.
- Lots of general improvements on performance & balancing
# # #
About Eat Create Sleep
Eat Create Sleep is an indie game studio situated in the medieval town of Visby, Sweden on the beautiful island of Gotland. Our focus is on innovative gameplay experiences with a lot of heart and meaningful themes. We ask tough questions with our games and let the player explore the answers.