Seoul – May 18, 2017 – Chaos Chronicle, the fan-favorite, 2D mobile role-playing game (RPG) from WING Studio and NEXON Korea Corporation, subsidiary of NEXON Co., Ltd. (“Nexon”) (3659.TO), a worldwide leader in free-to-play online and mobile games, will continue to challenge skills in the arts of war as the game rolls out its latest content update . The significant update, “Season Two,” is now available for new and returning players on mobile devices around the world via Google Play and the App Store today.
The “Season Two” update elevates the action in fierce battles, welcoming new epic heroes that players can recruit. Players also can now craft equipment with the addition of a brand new ‘Equipment Crafting’ system that can be used by special classes. The “Season Two” update also features:
- Two Powerful, Unique Heroes to Recruit: The younger sibling of the Twelve Disciples, Juliana is a sword master with special powers, she uses her unique ability of Light Revivify to create a shield for all allies when damage is received; and Elto, who utilizes various potions to help heroes in battle by healing and buffing them, has the ability to reduce dungeon damage;
- Legendary Dungeon ‘Den of Exiles’: Players can brave the newly added dungeon filled with guardian souls along with the exiled lords who fell to Satanis during the first War of Heaven and Hell. Players will be able to acquire key materials for equipment crafting on each of the three floors of the dungeon;
- Extensive Equipment Crafting System: A new class of Guardian Equipment will be added that can only be used by Grand Sages and Swordmasters. Guardian Equipment can be crafted from materials gathered in the Den of Exiles and is exclusive to specific heroes;
- Ellan’s Seal and Special Summons: Players who purchase items from the shop can add to Ellan’s points which can be traded in for ‘Ellan’s Seals’. ‘Ellan’s Seals’ can be used for special summons, entering the Den of Exiles or crafting equipment. The ‘Special Summons’ is a new feature that guarantees the player a Grand Sage or Swordmaster of their choice if the summons is used every day for 30 days;
Unique ‘Season Two’ Events:
Event One: All players who log in will receive a
‘Season Two Update Event: 4 Star Disciple Contract;
- Once the update is finished, players will be able to obtain $100 worth of 1,000 Rubies by entering the SEASON2CC coupon code in-game, which is only available for Android devices;
- Event Two: Players who log in over the next 12 days will receive a variety of rewards including the ‘6 Star Hero Contract’, ‘300 Rubies’ and the ‘Disciple Equipment Box and Rank-up Stone’. Players can also obtain points through gameplay to select an accessory or ‘Hero Selection’ ticket of their choice;
- United Server Guild War Guild War between the Ayuda and Mono servers and Rubies will be given out based on the final rankings.
- Event One: All players who log in will receive a ‘Season Two Update Event: 4 Star Disciple Contract;
Additional information for members of the press:
- Download assets for Chaos Chronicle here: http://bit.ly/ChaosChronicleSeason2
- Official Chaos Chronicle forum: http://m.nexon.com/forum/35
- Official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/chaoschroniclenexon
About NEXON Co. Ltd.
NEXON Co., Ltd. (“Nexon”) (3659.TO) is a worldwide leader in free-to-play online and mobile games. Founded in Korea in 1994, Nexon developed one of the world's first graphics-based massively multiplayer online games. Nexon also pioneered the concept of microtransactions and the free-to-play business model, setting a new standard in which play is free, and users have the option to purchase in-game items to enhance their experience. Nexon currently services nearly 100 titles in more than 190 countries. The Company is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan and its shares are listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
About WING Studio
Wing Studio (CEO Heo Inho) is a mobile games development company founded in December 2013 integrated by developers with wide experience in creating games for different platforms. The relationship with Nexon started in December 2013 after they joined Nexon’s startup program: Nexon & Partners Center, NPC. Afterwards, in August 2014 they signed a global publishing and investment contract with Nexon for Chaos Chronicle and now they are based in Jeongja-dong, Seongnam, South Korea.
Press Contacts for Nexon Co. Ltd.:
Alexa Bowers/Jason Wonacott
Wonacott Communications, LLC