Enhanced Versions Of winSPWW2 And winSPMBT Now Downloadable!
Hampstead, NC, 30 April 2009
Shrapnel Games is excited to announce that we have made available two new additions to our direct download catalog, Camo Workshop's Enhanced Editions of winSPWW2 and winSPMBT. Previously the Enhanced Editions were only available as physical products, though the free editions have always been available as a download. Those interested in receiving a CD in a DVD case can still purchase the physical Enhanced versions of winSPWW2 and winSPMBT, the downloadable versions are simply an additional purchase choice.
winSPWW2 and winSPMBT from Camo Workshop represent some of the finest turn based tactical gaming available on the PC, allowing gamers to participate in decades of conflict featuring combined arms warfare. With literally hundreds of scenarios, a massive number of campaigns, quick battle generation, multiplayer, and a scenario editor both games pack a massive gameplay punch.
The Enhanced Editions of winSPWW2 and winSPMBT provide gamers with the core experience found in the free download but as the name implies, also adds to the arsenal with a bevy of additional features found only in the Enhanced Editions. These are:
• While the basic free versions are limited to a screen resolution of 800x600 the Enhanced Editions allows play all the way up to 1600x1200 in both full screen and windowed modes. You haven't experienced winSPWW2 or winSPMBT until you experience it in crisp, vivid high resolution.
• 250 PBEM save slots versus five in the free versions.
• Separate map editor with a cut and paste function allowing a scenario designer to create one giant map and then using that base map cut areas out and paste them to create multiple scenarios within the same area. Also features twelve levels of undo/redo.
• Encrypted secure tournament play. Secure saved files cannot load into the editor, ensuring that tournament play is fair.
• Ability to perform class/type/date sorting in the encyclopedia.
To celebrate adding the winSPWW2 and winSPMBT Enhanced Editions to our download catalog Shrapnel Games is offering Download Days, a festive sale in which all products available for download have had their download price reduced by 12%! From Battle Group Commander to Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space, if it can be bought and downloaded the download (important, not the physical versions) is on sale! Download Days is happening right now and continues through May 12, 2009.
Download Days is the perfect time to add some great award-winning independent games to your hard drive on the cheap without worrying about shipping charges, custom fees, or contracting a mutant swine flu. Head on over to the official online store of Shrapnel Games, the Gamers Front, to get started.
And remember, Download Days ends on May 12, 2009!
With ten years of publishing award-winning intelligent independent games focusing on strategy, Shrapnel Games features a robust catalog sure to please the gamer looking for something unique. Please visit us at www.shrapnelgames.com for complete information on our titles, demos, free games to download, and all the latest news regarding our products.
For press related information please contact Scott R. Krol by using the following form: www.shrapnelgames.com/forms/contact_shrapnel_games.html
To visit our company blog go to: forum.shrapnelgames.com/blog.php
For all other information, please contact:
Timothy W. Brooks
Shrapnel Games, Inc.
8254-109 Market Street
Wilmington, NC 28411