New humanitarian faction, van, drone, mini-campaign, and more
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, August 10th 2017
Previously referred to under its codename "Orange DLC", Bohemia Interactive today revealed the next addition to its military sim-game Arma 3. Available worldwide in the beginning of September, the Arma 3 Laws of War DLC explores a different perspective on the battlefield via the addition of a humanitarian faction, van, drone, mini-campaign, and much more. Some of the basic principles of the laws of war, which are also commonly referred to as International Humanitarian Law (IHL), are further introduced in the DLC's new reveal trailer .
The Laws of War DLC delivers new playable content, together with many new in-game assets, providing even more opportunities for various types of combat operations and roleplay in Arma 3. Its key features include:
- International Development & Aid Project (IDAP) - This new faction, IDAP, is a non-governmental organization which is specialized in rapidly responding to humanitarian disasters. The faction is composed of new IDAP-branded clothing and gear, including outfits for specialized roles such as Explosive Ordnance Disposal specialists, as well as many other tools, supplies, and other items.
- "Remnants of War" Mini-Campaign - Take on the role of IDAP explosive specialist Nathan MacDade, who is tasked with identifying and deactivating mines after the war in the Republic of Altis & Stratis has ended. While you are being interviewed by an investigative journalist, you will uncover what happened in the town of Oreokastro, experiencing the events from the perspective of various sides, in recollections that span multiple periods of time.
- Van - IDAP makes use of a new van, which comes in multiple variants, with over twenty custom liveries in total. Each variant caters to a specific purpose, such as cargo logistics or the transport of people. There is also an ambulance variant available.
- Utility & Demining Drone - IDAP has a new drone at its disposal to be able to quickly move cargo or supplies to a specific location. A special variant of the drone is used as part of IDAP's demining operations.
- APERS Mine Dispenser - The APERS Mine Dispenser is an effective but controversial area denial weapon system. It is typically only used in desperate situations, and can have devastating effects even long after a conflict has ended.
- Vests, Bags, Headgear & Facewear - Various pieces of new gear are available to help you carry out your duties. This includes safety vests, messenger bags, hard hats and press helmets, ear protectors, safety goggles, and much more.
- Additional Content - The Laws of War DLC adds a variety of miscellaneous additional content, such as time trial challenges for the new van and drone, a paramedic outfit, and a training mine.
Joris-Jan van 't Land, Project Lead on the Arma 3 Laws of War DLC:
"With amazing support from our teams in the Czech Republic and Thailand, this marks the first project for our small new studio in Amsterdam, which - together with the perhaps unusual DLC theme - makes it extra special for us. The idea for the Laws of War package was very much inspired by our relationship with the International Committee of the Red Cross. This began with a presentation from the ICRC to the Arma 3 development team on the topic of International Humanitarian Law a few years ago. Since then, we've always been interested in thinking of ways to better incorporate this vital yet also very complex aspect of war into the game. With this DLC, we hope to offer a balanced introduction to the laws of war, and their implications on the way that war is conducted."
The Arma 3 Laws of War DLC is scheduled for release early September, and is available for pre-order on Steam and the Bohemia Store with a 10% pre-order discount (normal price: € 9.99 / $ 11.99 / £ 8.99). A portion of the proceeds from the direct sales of the Laws of War DLC in 2017 will be donated to the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). The total amount raised will be announced on www.bistudio.com in 2018.
For more information on Arma 3 and the Laws of War DLC, please visit the official website at www.arma3.com . To keep track of all the latest Arma 3 news and developments, be sure to follow and/or subscribe to Arma 3 on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Steam.
About Arma 3
Arma 3 is the latest installment in Bohemia Interactive's award-winning Arma series, and offers a truly authentic combat experience in a massive military sandbox. Set across richly detailed large scale terrains, the game features a diverse range of official and unofficial singleplayer and multiplayer content, complemented by a wide variety of weapons, gear, equipment, vehicles, and different factions. An in-game scenario editor enables players to create their own scenarios. These custom scenarios can be shared and installed via the Arma 3 Steam Workshop, alongside player-created addons and total conversions. Arma 3 is exclusively available for Windows PC and has sold more than 3 million copies to date. More information about Arma 3 is available at www.arma3.com .
About Bohemia Interactive
Established in 1999 in Prague, Czech Republic, Bohemia Interactive is an independent game development studio which is primarily known for its award-winning mil-sim Arma series, starting with Arma: Cold War Assault. Published in 2001, this debut title became the no. 1 bestselling PC game around the world and has won many international awards. The hugely successful series was followed by Arma 1 and Arma 2, before a standalone expansion Operation Arrowhead was released, as well as three DLC which greatly added to the series. The latest installment in the Arma series, Arma 3, pioneered Steam's Early Access form of development, and was successfully released in 2013, followed up by various platform updates and DLC, and the Arma 3 Apex expansion. Bohemia Interactive is also the developer of Take On Helicopters, Carrier Command: Gaea Mission, and Arma Tactics. In addition to their ongoing support for Arma 3, Argo, and Take On Mars, the studio is currently working on DayZ, Ylands, Arma Mobile Ops and Mini DAYZ (iOS & Android), the new Enfusion engine, and several other projects. More information about Bohemia Interactive is available at www.bistudio.com .