The beta version of The Cold War Era is ready for head-to-head mastermind action. This weekend members of the media and their guests will get their first chance to see and experience TCWE for themselves playing against live opponents.?
Marshal the most countries into your sphere of influence using military tactics, propaganda and spy networks before time runs out.?Choose to play as either the U.S. or the U.S.S.R. as you rewrite history and forge a new outcome for the notorious Cold War.?
TCWE is a P2P RTS strategy game based on the epic conflict between the Americans and the Soviets spanning the 1950s through the 1990s.?
Alina Digital is now extending the offer to participate in the closed beta to bloggers and journalists only. If you'd like to participate in the closed beta, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and you'll be added to the list of select names given permission to access the beta during these dates.?
Once you provide us with your email address we can send you a link to download the game's beta version.?
Any journalists and bloggers interested in participating in the beta are encouraged to invite their comrades to also participate so they can match up against their friends in a game of cunning, guile and wit.?
We at Alina Digital are very excited to share TCWE with its first batch of beta players and we greatly anticipate getting your feedback after experiencing TCWE's unique gameplay for the first time!?
If you choose to write about TCWE before or after the beta, please send us a link -- we'd love to know what you have to say.?
Once the beta is live, players will enter the game lobby and select the country they wish to play as -- either the U.S. or the U.S.S.R. The player will be matched up with an opponent at random and gameplay begins in 10 seconds.?
To get a feel for TCWE's game mechanics before the game begins, please visit www.thecoldwarera.com/aboutgame.html and download the game Quick Guide -- the link is at the bottom of that page.?
TCWE is one of the only Cold-War based games available, and is presented in a format unlike any other Cold War game to date.?
Participants in the beta will get to try out these features:
- Play within a realistic atmosphere that recreates the true Cold War.
- Play as either the Americans or the Soviets to rewrite Cold War history.
- Install military units to prop up the local Allied government or transform rebels into revolutionaries in Opposing countries.
- Establish spy networks to support government propaganda campaigns or shake loose the Opposition's stronghold.
- Build and launch rockets, satellites and astronauts into space to shock and amaze the world and win their alliance.
- Devise your own strategies and tactics, forcing your opponent to play by your rules.
- Initiate pro-government parades or incite riots to plunge countries into chaos.
About Alina Digital
Alina Digital is a Montreal-based game development studio owned lead developer Max Sprin.?
If you have any questions or comments about the beta preview March 29-31, please don't hesitate to email mcmastersPR@alinadigital.com. To learn more about TCWE please visit the game's website at www.thecoldwarera.com, www.facebook.com/thecoldwarera, or subscribe to Alina Digital's Twitter feed at twitter.com/AlinaDigitalDev.?