p>EDINBURGH, Scotland – 2nd November 2017 – Blazing Griffin, a digital entertainment group, announced today that its Scottish BAFTA award-winning game, Distant Star: Revenant Fleet is now available to Mac and Linux users. The latest update to Mac and Linux helps to widen the game’s audience by making it available to new users who may not have access to Windows.
Releasing the update today, Blazing Griffin Games also announced it has added Steam achievements to their Distant Star: Revenant Fleet PC Game which are now available across all platforms. Achievements reward players for numerous challenges including; reaching gameplay milestones, successfully beating quest chains completing the game on different difficulty settings.
“I am excited to announce that Blazing Griffin is making improvements to several of the games in our portfolio beginning with this expansion of Distant Star: Revenant Fleet to the additional platforms” stated Peter van der Watt, Managing Director of Blazing Griffin.
Distant Star: Revenant Fleet is a real-time, space strategy game for PC, Mac and Linux, featuring fleet-based combat, a dynamically generated galaxy, and an evolving narrative that is different every time.
In Distant Star: Revenant Fleet, you take control of the last remaining ships of a near-destroyed A’kari fleet and must rebuild your forces as you battle through ancient, galactic battlefields towards a final showdown with the Orthani. The A’kari, who are also descendants of humanity’s first foray into space, have long viewed themselves as the last honourable vestige of the human race. The Sacking of Mars, the A’kari birthworld, is viewed as being one of the bloodiest events in ancient history. What the Orthani plan next in the great Triassic War will be similarly remembered for its infamy, should you fail to stop it…
- Take your fleet through a randomly generated galaxy that features a multitude of story decisions
- Real-time strategy fleet-based combat with a variety of ship types
- Overcome increasingly deadly opponents with a range of weapons, systems and support modules
- Adapt to survive – persistent upgrades, persistent damage, and perma-death ensure tactics must evolve and decisions are meaningful from level to level
- Develop elite ships with specialised crews
- Original Press Kit - http://www.blazinggriffin.com/press-information/press-distant-star-revenant-fleet/
- For press enquiries, contact Claudia Fiorillo at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Released in 2015
- Distant Star:Revenant Fleet won a Scottish BAFTA in 2015 for Game of the Year
- Can be purchased on the Steam store as well as on other sales platforms; Humble Bundle, Bundle Stars, Greenman Gaming and GamersGate.
4 Broughton Market
About Blazing Griffin
Blazing Griffin is a digital entertainment company based in Scotland. Founded in 2011 as a games developer, the company has grown from a team of three to a group of companies working across film and tv production, video game development, and state-of-the-art post-production services with offices in Edinburgh and Glasgow. www.BlazingGriffin.com Follow Blazing Griffin @ www.facebook.com/BlazingGriffin/ https://twitter.com/BlazingGriffin