All Arma 3 players receive aircraft carrier as free bonus content
Prague, Czech Republic, April 13th 2017
In follow up to their latest dev diary, which discussed the planned new content for Arma 3 in 2017, Bohemia Interactive today announced the release date of the first upcoming DLC package: Arma 3 Jets. Available worldwide on May 16th 2017, the Jets DLC will enhance the combined arms experience by adding three new air-superiority jets, an Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicle (UCAV), a new Showcase scenario, and more.
As is protocol with each Arma 3 DLC release, the Jets DLC will be accompanied by a free platform update that improves the game for everyone. The main highlights of this update are the ‘sensor overhaul’ to improve targeting and target detection, an upgraded fixed-wing damage model with more hitpoints and new damage effects, dynamic vehicle loadouts, and various other jets-related improvements.
In addition, as a special surprise, Bohemia Interactive is proud to reveal truly massive bonus content in the form of the CVN-83 “USS Freedom” Aircraft Carrier ( watch new trailer). This nuclear-powered aircraft supercarrier, which will be available for free to everyone who owns Arma 3, serves as a naval main operating base, and can carry various aircraft and helicopters on board. In terms of in-game functionality, the ship is a static object that can be positioned across the map via the 3D Scenario Editor, but cannot be 'driven'. The carrier supports catapult take-offs and tailhook landings, and features functional autonomous defensive weapon systems.
Arma 3 Jets DLC Key Features
- F/A-181 Black Wasp II - The F/A-181 Black Wasp II is a fifth-generation, single-seat, twin-engine, all-weather tactical fighter jet. The aircraft was designed primarily as an air-superiority fighter, but also has ground attack capabilities. Its additional external hard points enable the aircraft to carry a wide variety of weapons configurations. The Black Wasp is fitted with the required equipment for carrier operations.
- To-201 Shikra - The To-201 Shikra is a fifth-generation, single-seat, twin-engine, all-weather tactical fighter jet. The aircraft was designed by a CSAT and Russian joint syndicate with the goal to build a highly agile and maneuverable air-superiority fighter. Similar to the F/A-181, the To-201 also has ground attack capabilities, and is able to support various weapons configurations via its conventional pylons, but also its internal weapons bay.
- A-149 Gryphon - The A-149 Gryphon is a fourth-generation, single-seat, single-engine, and all-weather tactical fighter jet. The aircraft was designed as a multi-role platform at an affordable cost, and unlike some of the larger air-superiority jets, it can also perform well in low-altitude flight. Despite its aging platform, the A-149 has still been upgraded with the newest sensors and weapons systems.
- Sentinel - The Sentinel is a fifth-generation, state of the line, twin-engine, all-weather tactical Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicle (UCAV). The Sentinel was designed primarily as a reconnaissance platform, but can also perform precision ground attacks. It typically operates from an aircraft carrier.
- Showcase Fighter Jets - Take to the skies above Altis and engage in air-to-air and air-to-ground combat in a brand new Showcase scenario.
For a complete overview of the Arma 3 Jets’ content and features, check out the official website at www.arma3.com/dlc/jets . To keep track of all the latest news, also be sure to follow Arma 3 on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Steam.
About Bohemia Interactive
Established in 1999 in Prague, Czech Republic, Bohemia Interactive is an independent game development studio which is primarily known for its award-winning mil-sim Arma series, starting with Arma: Cold War Assault. Published in 2001, this debut title became the no. 1 bestselling PC game around the world and has won many international awards. The hugely successful series was followed by Arma 1 and Arma 2, before a standalone expansion Operation Arrowhead was released, as well as three DLC which greatly added to the series. The latest installment in the Arma series, Arma 3, pioneered Steam's Early Access form of development, and was successfully released in 2013, followed up by various platform updates and DLC, and the Arma 3 Apex expansion. Bohemia Interactive is also the developer of Take On Helicopters, Carrier Command: Gaea Mission, and Arma Tactics. In addition to their ongoing support for Arma 3 and Take On Mars, the studio is currently working on DayZ, Arma Mobile Ops (iOS & Android), the new Enfusion engine, and several other projects. More information about Bohemia Interactive is available at www.bistudio.com .