Prague, Czech Republic, May 16th 2017
Celebrated with a launch trailer , Bohemia Interactive today released the anticipated Jets DLC for its tactical military shooter game, Arma 3. The Jets DLC delivers three air-superiority jets, an Unmanned Aerial Combat Vehicle, a new Showcase scenario, and more. The package is complemented by a free Arma 3 platform update, which introduces massive content (literally!) in the form of an aircraft carrier, and implements various new gameplay features related to fixed-wing aircraft.
Arma 3 Jets DLC Key Features
- F/A-181 Black Wasp II - The F/A-181 Black Wasp II is a fifth-generation, single-seat, twin-engine, all-weather tactical fighter jet. The aircraft was designed primarily as an air-superiority fighter, but also has ground attack capabilities. Its additional external hard points enable the aircraft to carry a wide variety of weapons configurations. The Black Wasp is fitted with the required equipment for carrier operations.
- To-201 Shikra - The To-201 Shikra is a fifth-generation, single-seat, twin-engine, all-weather tactical fighter jet. The aircraft was designed by a CSAT and Russian joint syndicate with the goal to build a highly agile and maneuverable air-superiority fighter. Similar to the F/A-181, the To-201 also has ground attack capabilities, and is able to support various weapons configurations via its conventional pylons, but also its internal weapons bay.
- A-149 Gryphon - The A-149 Gryphon is a fourth-generation, single-seat, single-engine, and all-weather tactical fighter jet. The aircraft was designed as a multi-role platform at an affordable cost, and unlike some of the larger air-superiority jets, it can also perform well in low-altitude flight. Despite its aging platform, the A-149 has still been upgraded with the newest sensors and weapons systems.
- Sentinel - The Sentinel is a fifth-generation, state-of-the-art, twin-engine, all-weather tactical Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicle (UCAV). The Sentinel was designed primarily as a reconnaissance platform, but can also perform precision ground attacks. It typically operates from an aircraft carrier.
- Showcase Fighter Jets - Take to the skies above Altis and engage in air-to-air and air-to-ground combat in a brand new Showcase scenario.
- Sensor Overhaul - A new radar interface for targeting guided weapons, powered by advanced Active Radar and Infrared sensor technology.
- Extended Hitpoints - The damage model of fixed-wing aircraft has been upgraded to the level of detail of other vehicle classes in Arma 3.
- Dynamic Vehicle Loadouts - Players can now customize their vehicle's armament. In the case of jets, this means you can choose what kind of ordnance each pylon carries.
- Other Improvements - Various audio enhancements, tweaked controls, several new scripted solutions such as ejection seat emergency procedures, and more.
- Aircraft Carrier "USS Freedom" (CVN-83) - A nuclear-powered aircraft supercarrier which can carry various aircraft, and supports catapult take-offs and tailhook landings. The aircraft carrier is a static in-game object that can be positioned across the map via the 3D Scenario Editor, but cannot be 'driven'.
- Surface-to-Air Weapon Systems - The USS Freedom is outfitted with 3 autonomous defensive weapon systems: Praetorian 1C AAA, Mk-49 Spartan SAM, and Mk-21 Centurion SAM.
For a complete overview of the Arma 3 Jets’ content and features, check out the official website at www.arma3.com/dlc/jets . To keep track of all the latest news, also be sure to follow Arma 3 on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Steam.
"This trailer/video may only be displayed if it is behind an age-gate that: (1) is age-neutral (i.e., requires the user to input their date of birth or select it from a drop-down bar; (2) employs reasonable technical measures to keep underage users from re-entering their age after initially being denied access; and (3) does not display any ESRB rating information on the video player or the age-gate itself. Failure to implement these requirements may jeopardize your ability to obtain material of this nature from us in the future."
- Bohemia Interactive
- Korneel van 't Land
Arma 3 is the latest installment in Bohemia Interactive's award-winning Arma series, and offers a truly authentic combat experience in a massive military sandbox. Set across richly detailed large scale terrains, the game features a diverse range of official and unofficial singleplayer and multiplayer content, complemented by a wide variety of weapons, gear, equipment, vehicles, and different factions. An in-game scenario editor enables players to create their own scenarios. These custom scenarios can be shared and installed via the Arma 3 Steam Workshop, alongside player-created addons and total conversions. Arma 3 is exclusively available for Windows PC and has sold more than 3 million copies to date. More information about Arma 3 is available at www.arma3.com .
About Bohemia Interactive
Established in 1999 in Prague, Czech Republic, Bohemia Interactive is an independent game development studio which is primarily known for its award-winning mil-sim Arma series, starting with Arma: Cold War Assault. Published in 2001, this debut title became the no. 1 bestselling PC game around the world and has won many international awards. The hugely successful series was followed by Arma 1 and Arma 2, before a standalone expansion Operation Arrowhead was released, as well as three DLC which greatly added to the series. The latest installment in the Arma series, Arma 3, pioneered Steam's Early Access form of development, and was successfully released in 2013, followed up by various platform updates and DLC, and the Arma 3 Apex expansion. Bohemia Interactive is also the developer of Take On Helicopters, Carrier Command: Gaea Mission, and Arma Tactics. In addition to their ongoing support for Arma 3 and Take On Mars, the studio is currently working on DayZ, Arma Mobile Ops (iOS & Android), Ylands, Project Argo, the new Enfusion engine, and several other projects. More information about Bohemia Interactive is available at www.bistudio.com .