Free Upgrade to Acclaimed Jurassic Adventure Features True Sky Dynamics, Greater Draw Distance, HDR Vivid Color, and Faster Loading Timesp>Seattle, WA - November 7, 2017 - Studio Wildcard today announced that its dinosaur survival-adventure game ARK: Survival Evolved is now available as a launch title for Xbox One X from Microsoft. Provided as a free update to Xbox players, ARK on Xbox One X takes full advantage of the new system’s power, delivering next-generation gaming with brilliant HDR visuals, 1440p high-resolution options, longer draw distances and enhanced visual effects, higher framerates, significantly reduced load times and much more. All these new features make ARK: Survival Evolved on Xbox One X the ultimate visually and technically advanced dinosaur survival experience on any console.
Watch the ARK “Respawn” live action trailer HERE:
Watch the ARK Xbox / Xbox One X1 Comparison Trailer HERE:
"Ever since the original announcement of the Xbox One X, we've been excited to see how far Microsoft would push the hardware specs, and how far that would let us push ARK," said Jeremy Stieglitz, Lead Designer, Lead Programmer, Development Director, Co-Creative Director, Co-Founder of Studio Wildcard. "When gamers get their hands on this powerful new console, and of course, on the new build of ARK, we expect they'll be just as impressed as we are with how much more visually immersive the world of ARK becomes."
More than 10 million players have washed up on the shores of the mysterious ARK island thus far, vying to survive by hunting, taming, training and breeding more than 100 dinosaurs and prehistoric creatures found wandering the vast open-world. Xbox One X owners of ARK will have immediate access to these Xbox One X enhancements, with progression following players from platform to platform.
Xbox One X Enhancements:
- The "Eyes" Have It - Enjoy “Detail Mode” with buttery smooth 30 FPS gameplay at 1440p or 60 FPS at 1080p in “Medium Quality”
- See Farther, and With More Detail: In 1440p "Detail Mode”, long-range shadows, high quality textures and extended draw distances enhance visual fidelity, while the "TrueSky" system renders volumetric clouds, realistic atmospheric fog & sunlight scattering, and dynamic weather systems.
- Split Screen and Split Up: In local splitscreen multiplayer mode, players can now split up to independently explore the islands.
- More Power Means More Players: With increased hardware performance, Xbox One X servers can now host 70 players in a game.
- Get There Faster: Improved loading and streaming times get you where you want to go on the ARK faster than before!
ARK: Survival Evolved is rated “T” for Teen (Violence, Blood, Crude Humor, Use of Alcohol) by the ESRB.
# # #
ABOUT STUDIO WILDCARD
Studio Wildcard was co-founded in 2014 by industry veteran Jeremy Stieglitz and Jesse Rapczak, former Technical Art Director at Microsoft Game Studios, with the mission of bringing AAA quality to ambitious indie productions that are designed for core gamers. With combined 25 years of industry experience across multiple independent and studio-backed titles, Jeremy and Jesse have teamed up with other veteran developers for Seattle, WA-based and Gainesville, FL-based development studios that also include distributed team members across multiple continents. Wherever talented, driven developers may reside, Studio Wildcard intends to seek out and work with them!