New Zones, Open World Battlegrounds, Ancestral Skills, and Significant System Overhauls Coming to the World of Erenor on June 7
Trion Worlds and XLGAMES’ free-to-play fantasy MMO ArcheAge continues to push the boundaries of what sandbox MMOs can accomplish with the game’s latest free expansion, Erenor Eternal, launching June 7. Whether it’s through the new Ancestral Skills that add further advancement for max level characters or the challenges that await in the new Whalesong Harbor and Aegis Island zones, Erenor Eternal’s mix of brand new content and updates to existing content will offer something for every ArcheAge player.
“ArcheAge has always been forward thinking in design, constantly pushing the limits of what’s possible in an open world MMO,” stated Merv Lee Kwai, Executive Producer on ArcheAge . “Core systems like global trade, crafting, and regrading are significantly redefined with Erenor Eternal. We look forward to hearing what people think of these massive quality of life improvements across the board.”
ArcheAge: Erenor Eternal features:
- New Zones: Several new zones have been added, including the oceanic Whaleswell Strait, the secluded Aegis Island, and the massive Whalesong Harbor, bringing with them new quests, leveling areas, and even a completely new housing province.
- New Open World Battlegrounds: Aegis Island and Whalesong Harbor are home to two new open world battlegrounds that will offer players a radically new gameplay experience. Possessing a unique PvE focus, players will hold off waves of enemies with not just their skills, but mines and heavy artillery as well. Upon completion of either tower, players will be rewarded with Honor and materials used to craft the new Erenor-tier equipment.
- New Tier and Improvements for Crafted Gear: The new Erenor tier of crafted gear allows players to continue advancing existing Divine grade Ayanad weapons, armor, and accessories. In addition, the equipment crafting flow has been simplified and RNG completely removed. Not only will all tiers of crafted items be upgradable as long they meet the grade requirements, but rather than “unsealing” crafted items to discover random results, players will instead “uncloak” them and select the variant they want.
Regrade Changes: The regrade system has been
reworked with most items now available to regrade to
Eternal, the new regrade rarity which further extends
available gear advancement. New levels and socketed slots have been
added for higher grade items, and a new regrade UI displays the
chance of success. Regrades are also split into three levels of
difficulty, potentially allowing an easier path to higher item
gradesdepending on the gear chosen:
- Easy: Dungeon and event gear
- Normal: Basic equipment and standard crafted items
- Hard: Obsidian and Raid level gear
- New Max Level Character Advancement: Level 55 players will be able to continue advancing their characters with up to 7 levels of the new Ancestral skillset, modifying certain core skills with special elemental effects to change their power or functionality.
- Trade Route Restructuring: The Trade Pack system has been revised to streamline ocean and overland routes, while trade outposts have been placed at iconic trade ports, inland cities, and abroad. As always, players must travel at their own risk with these goods as pirates prowl the high seas and bandits lurk around every corner.