LONDON, UK – 7 th November 2013 – Tikipod Ltd and Definitely Cake announce the availability of special cake pops based on the characters from the award winning and TIGA nominated shmup ‘ Aqua Kitty – Milk Mine Defender’. This is to celebrate the recent PC release from GOG.com and Desura.com as well as to promote our Steam Greenlight campaign.
THE CAKE POPS
The next-gen leap for videogames is here today – no not PS4 or Xbone, but games characters re-imagined in the wonderful form of CAKES! Allowing you to eat the game as you play the game.
Five different cake pop types are available:
1. The eye patch toting cat submarine pilot.
2. The sad kitten, always pining for milk.
3. Amazing Amiga style floppy disks.
4. The sea captain, complete with pipe.
5. And finally the Aqua Kitty submarine!
These can each be bought from the wonderful definitelycake.com either as a presentation box set, or you individually pick and choose.
THE GAME STORY
You and your team of milk mining kittens have overcome a fear of water to drill down under the ocean seabed and begin extracting vast reserves of what seems to be naturally forming full-fat milk.
Get ready for fast paced submarine action, defending the kittens from disruptive mechanical sea creatures.
THE MILK MUST FLOW!
GAME CRITICAL RESPONSE
This PC version of Aqua Kitty is an enhanced 720p version of the action shooter - originally a hit Sony PSMobile launch title (PSVita and other devices).
A list of reviews and awards and nominations can be found here - http://tikipod.com/aquakitty/
Aqua Kitty has a Steam Greenlight page. Want to save the kitties and pump milk on Steam? Then head over to http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93326437 and help vote.
Aqua Kitty is a 2D pixel drawn arcade shooter, created with a love of the 16-bit gaming era and late 80s video arcade games. The new PC version features 2 player co-op, additional levels and enemies as well as other enhancements.
· 2 player local co-op.
· Fast paced horizontally scrolling looping underwater levels.
· Branching map progression of levels.
· Varying sea depths per level that subtly affect gameplay.
· A dual firing submarine with a rechargeable secondary weapon that needs to be managed carefully (upgrades through game progress).
· A variety of mechanical enemies to encounter each with differing behaviours.
· Chain kill combo system allowing the more skilled player to maximise score.
· Depth based power-up system that gives partial control on the type and location of the power-ups created (allowing tactical advantage).
· Both level high score and 100% kitten saviour challenges.
· For the super hard-core god-like players, a classic infinite and milk-free level that never ever ends.
· Hand drawn 16-bit era styled pixel art graphics, displayed at a crisp 720p.
· Awesome chiptune music taking inspiration from the best of the C64 and Amiga days.
AQUA KITTY GAME DEVELOPMENT TEAM
The game was developed by a very small team with Art by Dugan Jackson, Code by Gabor and Audio by Electric Café.
ABOUT DEFINITELY CAKE
Definitely Cake is a bespoke Cake Pop Company based in Potters Bar, Hertfordshire, just North of London. The company is headed by Tamsin Aston author of the book "Super Pops". Tamsin with a background in creating 3D art for BAFTA winning computer games started Definitely Cake in 2011 with the idea to create miniature edible works of art to be enjoyed by all ages. http://www.definitelycake.com/
ABOUT TIKIPOD LTD
Based in London UK, Tikipod Ltd has been an independent games development company since 2009 and is run by Dugan Jackson. As well as developing its own titles Tikipod works with other companies on their games such as:
Gravity Crash – for JAW Ltd.
Eufloria PSN – for OmniLabs.
Stealth Bastard/Deluxe/Inc – for Curve Studios.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND LINKS
Definitely Cake website - http://www.definitelycake.com/
Aqua Kitty PC VIMEO trailer – https://vimeo.com/77406964
Aqua Kitty PC Youtube trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz_VF3Bpnos
Aqua Kitty website – http://tikipod.com/aquakitty/
The full game soundtrack by Electric Cafe ( http://www.electriccafeonline.com/) is now available for download.