Helsinki, Finland, June 8 th: Virtual Air Guitar Company has announced their 12 th game Air Guitar Warrior Gamepad Edition to be released on June 15 th via the ID@Xbox self-publishing programme. The game will be available exclusively on Xbox One at a price of $14.99 / €14.99 / £11.99.
Air Guitar Warrior Gamepad Edition is a rhythm shooter for everyone who enjoys a good measure of over-the-top rock attitude in their indie games. The game features weaponized guitars, motorbikes and cyber-dinosaurs, 50 hand-painted levels inspired by the history of rock, and a unique interactive soundtrack.
The gameplay combines classic side-scrollers with rhythm games. Your guitar is a weapon that you fire by tapping buttons in time to the music.
Aki Kanerva, Founder and Lead Designer at Virtual Air Guitar Company, provides an example of one of the game’s 8 guitars: “The Spectral Axe can fire giant axes that spin like boomerangs, axes that bounce, axes that fly through enemies, or the spirits of ancient viking rockers unleashed in a destructive torrent!”
The player is also in control of the game’s rock’n’roll soundtrack. Every song has 5 guitar layers, controlled by the different fire modes. Kanerva explains, “You’re not just playing along to an existing soundtrack, you’re playing the lead guitar yourself. In a tight spot, you’ll need to constantly change playing styles to deal with shields, forcefields and tough enemies, and eventually you enter a zen state of flow, blasting flying skulls and making music at the same time,” says Kanerva.
The soundtrack was produced specifically for the game by musicians Mika Tyyskä / Mr. Fastfinger and Samppa Siurala. Tyyskä says, “I've been playing guitar for almost 30 years, it was very liberating to finally write music and riffs for air guitar! For each song, we wrote various lead guitar layers in different speeds: fast, faster, fasterer... no sweat or blood was spared when the most furious parts were laid down!” Siurala adds, “This project was a great combo – creating multiple different styles was an awesome challenge and at the same time it was a dive back to basics: solid rock!”
Based on Air Guitar Warrior for Kinect, Air Guitar Warrior Gamepad Edition broadens the portfolio of a company known for its Kinect games. Kanerva says, “As a thank-you to our faithful Kinect fans, everyone who has purchased Air Guitar Warrior for Kinect before June 15 th will receive a copy of Air Guitar Warrior Gamepad Edition at no additional cost within 30 days.”Features
- 50 hand-painted levels
- 21 vehicles including dinosaurs, sharks with lasers, tigers and jet-powered crocodiles, featuring different gameplay for flying and ground vehicles
- 13 giant bosses
- 8 guitar weapons including a customizable sword-guitar
- 5 unique fire modes per guitar: switch modes tactically to survive
- Custom soundtrack by Mika Tyyskä / Mr. Fastfinger and Samppa Siurala with 19 tracks ranging from classic rock to heavy metal
- The guitar responds to your playing: each fire mode has a different lead guitar track
- Official Trailer:
- Website: http://airguitarwarrior.com/gamepad
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/AirGtrWarrior
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/AirGuitarWarrior
About Virtual Air Guitar Company
Virtual Air Guitar Company is an indie game studio based in Helsinki, Finland. Established in 2006, the company has released 12 games on platforms including PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Windows, created the patented FreeMotion technology, and provided motion control content and expertise for technology partners such as Intel. Air Guitar Warrior Gamepad Edition is the company’s 7 th game in the ID@Xbox self-publishing programme.
- Website: http://www.virtualairguitar.com
- Presskit: http://www.virtualairguitar.com/press
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirtualAirGtr
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/virtualairguitar
About Mika Tyyskä
Mika Tyyskä, better known by his stage name Mr.Fastfinger, is a Finnish virtuoso guitarist, and multi-instrumentalist who encompasses several genres of music.About Samppa Siurala
Samppa Siurala is a versatile composer, guitarist, singer and sound designer. His work ranges all the way from heavy metal and classic rock to electronic music and lighter pop ballads.
Request via distribute(): https://dodistribute.com/access/I7oeTbirlc/
To speed up the process, you should do one of three things: 1) get verified by distribute(), 2) if you have a YouTube or Twitch channel, log in with that channel’s information, or 3) make a request from an email address that matches your publication, eg @myreviewsite.com. These requests will be accepted within the day. Requests from Gmail, Yahoo and other addresses will take longer to process, unless your website lists the same email on their contact page.Virtual Air Guitar’s other Xbox One games
If you’re yet to review one of our other games, review codes are available:
- Air Guitar Warrior for Kinect: https://dodistribute.com/access/9mAyY0hyUq/
- Boom Ball 2: https://dodistribute.com/access/ATMszFxCbX/
- Kung-Fu: https://dodistribute.com/access/2OE52i5e4K/
- Beatsplosion: https://dodistribute.com/access/kN7cbcF1sV/
- Squid Hero: https://dodistribute.com/access/MoDrrrxkM1/
- Boom Ball 1: https://dodistribute.com/access/kUV3zU37Tq/