For immediate publication
Roubaix, France– 12 th December 2012. Yesterday, Ankama released DOFUS update 2.9 and KROSMASTER Arena, the first expansion shared by DOFUS and WAKFU. WAKFU update 1.9 will be released next week, on December 18 th.
December 11 th:
DOFUS update 2.9 consists in the addition of important new functionalities that will considerably enhance players’ in-game experience:
- Achievement system : Achievements correspond to the hallmarks of a DOFUS characters' life. They are organized in an interface and sorted by category (exploration, professions, quests, dungeons, etc) and the player receives rewards for each achievement they unlock. This system allows players to track their progress through the game and helps to introduce players to new challenges. It also allows players to display their knowledge and experience by showing their Achievement score.
- Character personalization : players will have several new options of character personalization at their disposal. More faces for more personal expression and more originality..
- New equipment : 24 new items of level 190 or more are introduced in the game (7 sets composed of 3 items, in addition to 3 new single items).
- Titles and Ornaments : a new interface dedicated to the management of Titles and Ornaments has been introduced.
- Maturing resources : a new system for harvestable resources that will ease exploration has been added.
- DOFUS client performances optimization.
In addition, Kwismas Island is also opening its gate to all players with dungeons, a petmount, quests and a lot more for players to enjoy. You can visit the dedicated page of the event on DOFUS.com.
KROSMASTER Arena Online is Ankama’s first expansion common to both DOFUS and WAKFU in which players can fight each other with Krosmaster figurines - effigies of heroes from the Krosmoz universe. KROSMASTER Arena can directly be launched from the MMOs, without leaving the games, and brings together all Ankama’s expertise in the domain of tactical turn-based strategy in a simple but fast game, with infinite possibilities. All players will start with a team of four standard Krosmasters that they will later be able to evolve using the virtual figurines unlocked in DOFUS and WAKFU (drop, exchanges). Ladder competitions will be organized on a regular basis and will oppose players, communities, and then DOFUS and WAKFU players. Discover more about KROSMASTER Arena in the MMOs by clicking the following links:
Ø KROSMASTER Guide in WAKFU
You can watch the KROSMASTER Arena trailer by clicking this link, and to give a clear and smooth introduction of this brand new game, Ankama released a tutorial available here. You’ll find assets of the game by clicking the following link: Krosmaster assets.
v December 18 th:
WAKFU’s 1.9 update will bring important new contents:
- The Kwismas event: WAKFU is decking its halls with the colors of the holiday season with an exclusive island, its red and white monsters, two dungeons and a snowball battles mini game.
- 4 new Dungeons: the Hoodlums Dungeon for all nations (Lvl 60), the Molluskies Dungeon for Brakmar and Sufokia (Lvl 55), the Sharks Dungeon for Sufokia (Lvl 55), and the Cracklers Dungeon for Amakna (Lvl 55).
- Addition of environmental quests to the following zones: Sadida Forest, Kelba, Monk Island, and Forfut.
[br clear="all" /] About Ankama
Ankama is an independent French group that works in the entertainment industry and bases its development on a transmedia strategy: online games, edition, animations, press, music, merchandise, games for next generation consoles and mobile devices. Ankama enriches its universe, the Krosmoz (to which DOFUS and WAKFU belong), through all these media to create a complete and immersive narrative experience. Ankama also supports artists, helping them bring their own worlds to life through screenplays, TV programmes, music albums or comic books. www.ankama-group.com