First of three“Halo 4” War Games Map Packs delivers all-new competitive multiplayer environments and introduces“Extraction” to Xbox LIVE online matchmaking
Thursday 29 th November 2012 - Spartans, get ready to take the fight to new frontiers. 343 Industries announced today the“Halo 4” Crimson Map Pack will be available for download starting 10 th December, featuring three new environments for you to wage battle on Xbox LIVE with friends. Descriptions of the three maps are as follows:
· Wreckage: Wreckage is the manifestation of the chaos of war. A medium-sized, asymmetrical map great for accommodating a wide range of objective-based game modes including King of the Hill and Capture the Flag. It is a ravaged environment of crashed debris, where the surrounding destruction creates complex paths perfect for throwing off your opponents, or testing the limits of your Warthog. This devastated landscape provides plenty of cover, with tons of nooks and crannies at your disposal while fighting for your turn to become King. Wreckage supports up to 16 players in Infinity Slayer and up to 12 players in a variety of other modes, including Capture the Flag, King of the Hill and Oddball.
· Harvest: Harvest is a canon concept brought to life– the doomed agricultural planet where humans first made contact with the Covenant. A small to mid-size map, Harvest is ideal for Capture the Flag. Here, you’ll need to get creative to effectively use light vehicles which are limited to the exterior pathways and can’t get into the bases, making this map perfect for infantry firefights and face-to-face skirmishes. Snipers will also feel right at home; long sightlines are broken up by great cover and hiding spots. Harvest allows up to 12 players to face off in Capture the Flag, Infinity Slayer, King of the Hill, SWAT and Slayer Pro.
· Shatter: Shatter is themed around natural crystalline surfaces and the huge UNSC factories mining them. This large, symmetrical map is a playground for the Warthog and Mantis - its open pathways make it easy to get around, whether on foot or in vehicles. Shatter is a great fit for Dominion and the new game type Extraction. For some close-quarters face-time, escape the open landscape and duck into a mining facility, or slip through a doorway and hunt unsuspecting Spartans. Shatter enables multiplayer mayhem for up to 16 players in Infinity Slayer and up to 12 players in other modes, such as Capture the Flag, King of the Hill, Dominion and Extraction.
Available this December on Xbox LIVE for 800 Microsoft points, the Crimson Map Pack is the first of three upcoming“Halo 4” War Games add-ons, and will include eight all-new Achievements worth a total of 250 Gamerscore. Players who purchase the“Halo 4” War Games Map Pass* or“Halo 4” Limited Edition will receive access to all three map packs as they become available in December, February and April at a 15 percent savings versus purchasing them individually. 1
Crimson Map Pack owners will have exclusive access to a single premium playlist that will only feature the new maps and will be the only place players can enjoy unique 6 vs. 6 matchmaking experiences, the new game type“Extraction,” and a wide range of voting combinations for different maps and modes.
In addition to the Crimson Map Pack, 343 Industries today unveiled“Extraction,” a new game type that will be introduced to“Halo 4” online matchmaking day and date with the map pack on 10 th Dec:
· “Extraction”: Extraction is a 5 vs. 5 objective-based game type where opposing Spartan teams are tasked with extracting assets from various sites around the map. Once a team has found a site and is in position, they must plant their beacon and protect it from the opposing team while the extraction process occurs. If the defending team remains in control of the beacon, they receive one point, however if the opposing team overtakes the site before extraction is complete, the point goes to them. Once a site has been extracted, a new site becomes available. The first team to extract five points wins.
Developed by Microsoft studio 343 Industries exclusively for the Xbox 360,“Halo 4” is the latest blockbuster installment of the iconic franchise that has shaped entertainment history and defined a generation of gamers.“Halo 4” continues the story of the series’ iconic hero the Master Chief as he returns to confront his destiny and face an ancient evil that threatens the fate of the entire universe. The game takes the series in a bold new direction by delivering its most epic and explorative campaign yet, alongside an emotionally resonant story and a groundbreaking multiplayer offering unlike anything before it– setting the stage for an epic new sci-fi saga.
The Standard Edition of“Halo 4” is available for£49.99 RRP, and the Limited Edition, which includes an extended 90-minute version of the live-action digital series“ Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn ” and additional bonus content, is available for£69.99 RRP. Fans can also pick up the Xbox 360 Limited Edition“Halo 4” Console Bundle for£269.99 RRP. In addition, the“Halo 4” Original Soundtrack, which broke the record for the highest-charting video game soundtrack ever on the Billboard 200 chart the week of 29 th October is available for purchase for£9.99 (CD) /£7.99 (Digital) RRP. A special limited edition and individually numbered three-disc box set, which includes the original soundtrack, a remix album featuring remixes from 14 of the world’s most renowned electronica producers, a 70-minute DVD called“Composing a Universe” and additional exclusive content, is available for purchase for£49.99 ERP at http://www.halo4soundtrack.com .
- Ends -
1Savings based on estimated retail prices. Actual retailer prices may vary.
* Content includes“Crimson, Majestic&Castle Map Packs” plus 2 in-game helmets and an emblem at a special value. If you own this Map Pass, access map packs through the Halo 4 in-game store. Do not download from Xbox LIVE Marketplace or you will be charged twice. Halo 4 game, 4GB storage,&Xbox LIVE Gold membership (each sold separately) required to use this content. (Map Pass included with Halo 4 Limited Edition.)
For screenshots of the Crimson Map Pack, please visit: http://microsoft.gamespress.com/pics.asp?exc=0&i=2220 (please note– we will supply the PEGI age-gated version of the trailer asset when it becomes available)
For additional“Halo 4”game assets please visit: http://microsoft.gamespress.com/xbox360/product.asp?s=530
For media enquiries, please contact:
Kim Shuard / 020 3047 2340 / email@example.com
You can follow us on Twitter at @XboxUK.
About Xbox 360
Xbox 360 is a premier home entertainment and video game system. With the addition of Kinect, Xbox 360 will forever transform social gaming and entertainment with a whole new way to play— no controller required. Xbox 360 is also home to the best and broadest games as well as the largest on demand library of music, standard and high definition movies, TV shows and digital games, all in one place. The entertainment center of the living room, Xbox 360 blends unbeatable content with a network of nearly 40 million Xbox LIVE members to create a limitless entertainment experience that can be shared at home or across the globe. More information about Xbox 360 can be found online at http://www.xbox.com/en-GB.
About Xbox LIVE
Xbox LIVE is the online entertainment service for your Xbox 360, connecting you to an ever expanding world of games, movies, music, sports and social entertainment. Xbox LIVE lets you play the best games, enjoy the largest on demand library on any console, listen to millions of songs and share the fun with friends around the world. Xbox LIVE is now also available on Windows Phone 7 putting the power of connected entertainment in the palm of your hand. Xbox LIVE is the exclusive home of controller free online entertainment through Kinect, making your Xbox 360 more intuitive and interactive than ever before. With an active community of nearly 40 million people across 35 countries, Xbox LIVE provides you with instant access to the entertainment you want, shared with the people you care about. More information about Xbox LIVE can be found online at http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/live.
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq“MSFT”) is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential. Note to editors: For more information, news and perspectives from Microsoft, please visit the Microsoft News Center at http://www.microsoft.com/news. Web links, telephone numbers and titles were correct at time of publication, but may have changed. For additional assistance, journalists and analysts may contact Microsoft’s Rapid Response Team or other appropriate contacts listed at http://www.microsoft.com/news/contactpr.mspx [div align="center"] [hr align="center" size="2" width="100%" /] [/div]
Jackie Cooper Public Relations Ltd a company registered in England with company number 1983028 and its registered office at Southside, 105 Victoria Street, London SW1E 6QT,United Kingdom