Digital Tribe Games announces the launch of CARGO COMMANDER for PC + Mac. It’s time to pick up your Fistcannon™ and get to work!
November 1, 2012
Alone in space, light years away from your family, armed with only your Fistcannon™, Platform Drill and the meanest cup of coffee in the sector; you are Cargo Corps latest recruit. Your job is simple: travel through the vast reaches of wormhole-filled space salvaging priceless cargo from alien infested containers. No big deal.
The work is hard, honest, and hairy: punch deadly mutants in the face, travel between your ship and containers using advanced Cargo Corp-approved technologies, like Jumping™ and Holding Your Breath™. Jockey for promotions with thousands of other Cargo Commanders in the galaxy and collect over 80 different cargo types ranging from pimp shoes to rare alien minerals, all the while earning your way back home.
WATCH THE GAME TRAILER HERE: http://dtribe.me/S9Mtkf
Cargo Commander is the first release from Serious Brew - a two-man independent game studio based in Leiden, Netherlands. The game showcases the robust skills and creativity of the duo who has spent the past 20 months locked down coding, designing and creating this ode to the working man.
The developers call the game“A love letter to eighties sci-fi movies.” highlighting the British cult classic“Outland” as their inspiration. For them, the game is designed as an escape from the daily grind, saying“Cargo Commander is a great game for short sessions - perfect for your lunch break or when your boss is not around! Better yet, play it with your boss.”
The game expresses the uniquely peaceful air of working-man commitment, while throwing in the dangers and challenges of working around and fending off unexpected aliens. Some have compared it to the eclectic movie MOON or even 2001: A Space Odyssey - if it were directed by Michael Bay!
• Randomly generated levels built from what you name it. Type in a name of your choice to build a unique sector to share with your friends!
• Fully destructible environment; create your own path with your Platform Drill and explosives
• Compete with other Cargo Commanders for promotions– each level has an online leaderboard
• Journey Mode allows you to explore an endless chain of containers without worrying about wormholes ruining the party
• Loot the dead corpses of other players from their vain attempts at out-performing you
• Upgradeable weapons and tools, and over 80 cargo items to collect
• Subtle bittersweet story of a blue-collar working man trying to get home to his family
• Sweet Dutch bluegrass tunes from Doppler Sound!
GAME WEBSITE: www.PlayCargoCommander.com
MEDIA ASSETS: http://dtribe.me/TngN94
Digital Tribe Games