Huge International Popularity Pushes Monthly Average Users Past 54.2 Million*
HACKENSACK, NJ, October 11, 2012– Slingo, Inc., a leading international cross-media gaming company and one of the first social gaming companies, today announced that Zynga Slingo ™, its Slingo-branded Facebook game developed with Zynga, was the top game in September with more than 54.2 million Monthly Average Users (MAU).
Demonstrating the strength of the brand and its global appeal, more than two-thirds of the game’s Facebook players are generated from outside the U.S. In the past calendar year, Slingo has significantly increased its worldwide presence and revenue from overseas territories as it continues to expand its iGaming infrastructure and leverage its brand awareness.
"For more than 16 years, Slingo has been a top brand across multiple channels and business models, including social mobile and real-money wagering,” said Rich Roberts, CEO of Slingo, Inc. “As the first social game on the internet and now the fastest-growing social brand, we are excited about building off this success with our new releases in the social mobile and iGaming marketplaces later this year."
· Slingo games are played by over 150 million people worldwide across a variety of gaming platforms, including online, retail, mobile, casino slots, bingo halls, lottery and others.
· More than 600,000 games are played each day on Slingo.com.
· Slingo.com has more than 4 million registered users -- 80% of which are women who are highly engaged and spend an average of 80+ minutes per day.
· Slingo’s brand loyalty is extremely strong with more than 20% of Slingo players online seeking out the Slingo slot machines in over 400 casinos.
· Over 1 billion Slingo slot machine pulls.
· Zynga Slingo Facebook game amassed over 50 million Monthly Active Users within 6 months of launch, making the game and the Slingo brand the market leader in social casino games.
· Currently the #1 Casino App on iTunes.
· Over 50 million Slingo games have been downloaded across the Internet and over 3 billion games of Slingo have been played overall.
The substantial overall reach of Slingo.com is an unparalleled benefit for Slingo’s advertising partners, as the company recently experienced a 100% year-over-year increase in seamlessly integrated video ads, which now total more than 14 million video opportunities per month.
About Slingo, Inc.
Established in 1996, Slingo, Inc. was one of the first casual games companies and is currently one of the leading cross-media gaming companies worldwide. It currently develops and licenses the intellectual property for the Slingo ® brand of games, to include casual and social games; casino slot machines and table games; lottery tickets, TV programming and more. In February 2012, Slingo partnered with Zynga to launch Zynga Slingo, which became one of the fastest-growing Facebook games by daily active users. The Slingo brand reaches over 55 million people through casino slots, online, retail, mobile and other platforms, and its website has over 4 million registered users. People can play free games, as well as join the social networking community and enter sweepstakes for a chance to win cash prizes by visiting http://www.slingo.com.
# # #