For immediate release - San Francisco - It's here, the end of days for the City of Tomorrow. A Virus Named TOM has been unleashed on our fair city by a madman bent on revenge. Stay off the sidewalk of tomorrow! Don't go near the teleporters, and tie up your robot dogs! PC users everywhere are willingly downloading this virus to their computers. They're aiding him in our destruction. They are bad people. But who could blame them at just $9.99 and with over 100 levels of thumb-cramping, mind melting goodness. They can even infect their friends with up to 4 player Co-operative and Vs modes. I suppose we never stood a chance.
Today 'A Virus Named TOM' launches! We think it’s covered in awesomesauce, but don’t take our word for it, check out our launch trailer here: http://youtu.be/QKVWEIhHBkQ
...and see what previewers had to say:
“The most addictive co-op game we’ve played since Portal 2.”
"I bought it instantly - I'm completely in love with it"
- Jerry Holkins, Penny Arcade
“Friendships will be destroyed, but I’m sure that’s all part of Dr. X’s diabolical plan.”
Review Codes are also now available for A virus Named TOM, so please contact email@example.com for details.
- There will be a DEMO version, avilible at or near launch
- There will be a SOUNDTRACK available (link to tracks below), hopefully for launch as well
- The game is going to be on sale initially for 25% off for the opening week
- We do hope to add networking and a level editor as future updates, maybe even (sorry) Kickstart at some point after launch. We had started them but ran out of time/money, and I had a baby ;p
Game's Website: http://www.avirusnamedtom.com
Trailer on Youtube: http://youtu.be/QKVWEIhHBkQ
or download the launch Trailer: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5eo5w04isf3dnzc/AVNT_launch_trailer.mp4
YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/misfitsattic
About A Virus Named TOM
A perfect place. A city without traffic. A dog that doesn't poop. All products of the brilliant mind of Dr. X, but hell hath no fury like a mad scientist fired by a giant corporation. In this unique action-puzzler you take control of TOM, a virus created for one purpose: revenge.
Hack your way through brain scrambling puzzles while maneuvering through a thumb cramping maze of enemies. Team up through over 50 cooperative levels in what MMGN is calling "The most addictive co-op game we've played since Portal 2." And if the over 100 levels aren't enough, you and your friends can destroy each other again and again in battle mode to determine just who is the supreme virus.
- Single Player mode with over 50 levels across 6 distinct areas
- Cooperative mode (for up to 4 players) with over 50 additional levels in which "friendships will be destroyed"
- Battle for supreme virus-itude by battling your friends in Battle Mode
- Evolving mechanics which ratchet up the difficulty from lollipop to soul crushing
- An animated tale full of dark humor, malfunctioning robots, and little girl screams
More on our website: www.avirusnamedtom.com
About Misfits Attic
Tim and Holly founded Misfits Attic shortly after getting married. They had a daughter during production of 'A Virus Named TOM' because they felt the stress of running an independent game studio wasn't enough of a challenge. You can see clips of her in the various update videos for AVNT at http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL648C422EE2903007
For inquiries about A Virus Named TOM, or Misfits Attic please contact:
Tim Keenan at firstname.lastname@example.org
BIGindiePR was created as a full service public relations company for current or first time indie game developers looking to get their game(s) more notoriety at a reasonable cost. Unlike many other PR companies BIGindiePR was developed to be a complement to indie game developers’current toolsets. By removing unnecessary spending, and overcharging. BIGindiePR can offer services for far less than its competitors.Our primary goal is to get your game noticed, not to drain your budget. By offering indie game developers cost effective public relations we hope to increase awareness of indie games as a new culture and genre of the video games industry, and we can do that by getting your game noticed. Please visit www.bigindiepr.com for more information on BIGindiePR.