SAN FRANCISCO— MARCH 18, 2008— Today Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest video game publishers, announced that Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Vegas 2 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system has shipped to retail stores and is now available for an MSRP of $59.99. Developed by Ubisoft’s award-winning Montreal studio, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is the follow up to the highly successful and award-winning Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Vegas.
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Vegas 2 is the last chance for gamers to rescue Sin City from an escalating terrorist siege, and will impose heart-pounding action from beginning to end. The best are back and this time winner takes all. The highly anticipated sequel to the recipient of numerous awards, including 2006’s Best First Person Shooter and Best Online Game (Xbox LIVE®), Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Vegas 2 will push the top-selling franchise to new heights with new gameplay features and groundbreaking co-op and multiplayer modes.
* More Multiplayer– The highly acclaimed multiplayer mode in Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Vegas has been upgraded to include 13 new maps with more intense face-offs, two new adversarial modes, more rewards and easier access to matches using the improved and intuitive matchmaking system.
* Unprecedented Customizable Experience– Create your own identity that persists through both the single player and multiplayer modes and progresses along with you online and offline. Reap the benefits of your single player rewards in multiplayer, and vice versa.
* Vastly Improved Co-op Mode– Turn single player mode into co-op mode at any time seamlessly with join in progress. Now a friend can jump your story campaign and assist without any change to the story. The single player maps and storyline were created with co-op in mind, with every map having multiple entry points
* Challenging AI– The AI is more challenging than ever. Now, the terrorists are equipped with thermal vision, night vision and shields– not to mention a multitude of varying tactics– all of which are guaranteed to give you a new playing experience every time you go into battle. As you progress within the game, you’ll be able to outsmart your enemies by taking advantage of intelligence opportunities, such as using thermal scan.
* New Weapons and Armor– Take down the terrorists more effectively using 11 new weapons. New camouflage, clothing and gear allow for the ultimate customizations.
* More Vegas– Sin City is back and bigger than before. Explore all-new Vegas hot spots and gritty back streets, creating a visual experience that is as challenging as it is breathtaking.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 23 countries and sales in more than 50 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. For the 2007-08 fiscal year Ubisoft forecasts generated sales of 875 million Euros. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
About Tom Clancy
With more than 80 million books sold, Tom Clancy is arguably the world’s most recognized author. His works include fiction such as The Hunt for Red October, Clear and Present Danger, The Sum of All Fears, Rainbow Six, Without Remorse and The Teeth of the Tiger. Clancy also writes nonfiction works about weapons and various military units. Four of his books have already been adapted into highly successful feature films.
© 2008 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Persistent Elite Creation, Ubisoft, the Ubisoft logo, Ubi.com, and the Soldier Icon are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries. Rainbow Six, Red Storm and Red Storm logo are trademarks of Red Storm Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries. Red Storm Entertainment, Inc. is a Ubisoft Entertainment company.“PlayStation”,“PLAYSTATION” and“PS” Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Microsoft, Windows, the Windows Vista start button, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.