I-play Brings to Mobile: Hexic and Mozaki Blocks, from the creator of Tetris®
San Mateo, CA. and London, UK– September 12, 2007: Following its recent acquisition by Oberon Media, the world’s leading multi-platform casual-games company, I-play, the mobile publishing division of Oberon, today strengthened its grip on casual mobile gaming by unveiling 11 online and casual classics - including Hexic and Mozaki Blocks from the creator of Tetris® - which will be delivered via its global network of distribution partners later this year and early 2008.
The 11 titles, which hit the casual sweet spot that represents the most popular gaming category on mobile today, are:
- Hexic [span style="font-size:6pt"]TM[/span] : From the creator of Tetris®, Alexei Pajitnov, and developed by Carbonated Games, Microsoft's in-house casual game development studio, Hexic challenges players to form clusters of like-colored tiles and clear them from the board. Bonus pieces and starflowers provide a score boost, but watch out for bombs— clear them before they explode or it’s game over![/*]
- Mozaki [span style="font-size:6pt"]TM[/span] Blocks: Also from the creator of Tetris® and Carbonated Games comes a fresh block-puzzler. Use colored pieces to create paths from the center to the edges of the board in time to advance to the next level. Both Hexic and Mozaki Blocks have experienced success as Web games on sites like MSN Games, and Hexic is a popular Xbox LIVE® Arcade title on the Xbox 360™ gaming and entertainment system.[/*]
- Flowerz: Created exclusively for mobile devices by Carbonated Games, Flowerz challenges players to create matches of three or more identically-colored blooms across a puzzle grid.[/*]
- Slinky®: the official mobile version of the world famous toy Slinky® challenges players to defy the laws of Physics. Guide Slinky® through 50 unique levels set in five spectacular worlds including Ancient Egypt, The Far East and Urban Jungle.[/*]
- Fish Tycoon: the PC version has generated almost nine million downloads to date. In the mobile game create and care for different species of exotic fish, and then sell them to make money and improve your aquarium by purchasing stunning ornaments and materials.[/*]
- Spin&Win: play classic favorites including Slots, Dice, Wheel of Fortune, Scratch Lottery, Memory Game, Spades and Pick-a-Number. Collect prizes in your Trophy Room as you progress![/*]
- Bricks of Egypt: from one of the most popular casual web games of 2006 that generated over 3.5 million downloads, this addictive mobile block breaker will have you hooked![/*]
- Bricks of Atlantis: also topping 3.5 million online downloads to date, this hugely addictive game has an astonishing 96 levels– so there’s plenty to keep you coming back for more![/*]
- Magic Match: explore six bewitching realms in the Lands of the Arcane with Giggles, your imp helper, by your side. Earn magical bonus spells as you journey through 42 story levels in this wonderfully spellbinding experience! (Europe)[/*]
- Bubble Town: from the successful PC game comes this cute Arcade-Puzzler that’s certain to brighten up your day! (Europe)[/*]
- Saints&Sinners Bingo: including eccentric characters, lucky charms, dirty tricks, a variety of winning patterns, and game play as fast or slow as you prefer -- Saints and Sinners Bingo has all the excitement of traditional bingo, with all the attitude of the saints (and sinners) who play it. (US)[/*]
David Gosen, President, I-play, commented:“I-play has always been committed to driving the mass-market casual game genre on mobile. The combination with Oberon with their leading position within the online games market provides the ideal opportunity to drive real growth to this vital market sector and demonstrates one of the many synergies being delivered by the linking of the two companies.”
I-play brings the best in mobile entertainment to an audience of over one billion people via a network of more than 120 carriers worldwide. I-play has been creating mobile games since 1998 and continues to spearhead the creation of mobile entertainment for the next generation.
I-play is a wholly owned subsidiary of Oberon Media, the world's leading casual games company. Oberon’s Game Centre platform, is the industry standard and has been adopted by many of the world's largest corporations. The platform combines casual game content, merchandizing and features to fulfill each partner's specific needs. Oberon Media's publishing arm works with the industry's best, award-winning game developers to produce the top-selling casual games, which can be played in more than a dozen languages on PC, web-based, mobile and console platforms.
Founded in 2003, Oberon Media is headquartered in New York, with offices in North America, Europe and Asia.
For more information visit us at http://www.iplay.com
I-play is a trademark and trading name of Digital Bridges Limited.