Gamers Get First Taste of Single-Player Campaign; More Multiplayer Combat from the Best Strategy Game of E3 2007
Los Angeles, CA - August 20, 2007 - Sierra Entertainment will release a public demo of World in Conflict™, the award-winning action-strategy PC game developed by Massive Entertainment, on August 24 - during both the Games Convention in Leipzig, Germany and the Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle, WA. The World in Conflict Demo will contain both single-player and multiplayer modes.
World in Conflict will be available at retail outlets across North America on September 18.
The World in Conflict Demo, which will be available as a free download, will give PC players a taste of the innovative gameplay and next-generation graphics that made World in Conflict the unanimous choice of E3 judges and media as the Best Strategy Game of E3 2007.
Included in the World in Conflict Demo will be:
- Multiplayer combat for up to 16 players in a match[/*]
- Map: "Seaside" (US vs. USSR)[/*]
- Exclusive Bonus Map: Customers who have pre-ordered the game will also be able to play a second Multiplayer map: "Ruins" (US vs. USSR)[/*]
- First public experience with World in Conflict's epic single-player campaign[/*]
- Tutorial: US Airbase[/*]
- Single-Player Mission 3: "The Battle of Pine Valley"[/*]
- Skirmish Mode: For the first time, players will be able to hone their combat skills versus bots (available only on "Seaside")[/*]
- Fully enabled online support through Massgate, including:[/*]
- Clan matches[/*]
- Full access to Massgate forums[/*]
World in Conflict will be available September 18 in both Standard and Collector's Edition formats. The World in Conflict Collector's Edition will include limited edition extras for hardcore fans and Cold War enthusiasts, including an authentic piece of the Berlin Wall, a bonus DVD from The History Channel®, behind the scenes videos and special packaging. Additional pre-order bonuses for the Collector's Edition and Standard Edition versions of World in Conflict are now available at participating retailers across North America, including an additional bonus DVD from The History Channel® and other added content.
For more information about World in Conflict or to find participating pre-order retailers, please visit www.worldinconflict.com.