Award-Winning Match-3 Game Optimized and Available for Mobile Play
SEATTLE, Washington– May 29, 2007— PopCap Games, the leading developer and publisher of casual games, today announced the immediate availability of its hit Chuzzle™ game for a wide array of cell phones and other mobile devices in North America, the United Kingdom and parts of Europe. Originally launched for Web and PC play in 2005, and the recipient of numerous accolades including“Casual Game of the Year” at Billboard’s DEMX 2005 conference, Chuzzle has been the game most requested by mobile gamers. It is also the first mobile game PopCap has developed internally. Chuzzle Mobile is available today from all major mobile carriers throughout North America and Europe.
“Chuzzle is a great game for mobile devices, and we’ve spent a lot of time optimizing it for that platform,” said Jason Kapalka, co-founder and chief creative officer at PopCap Games.“We’ve simplified the already straightforward game mechanics to take advantage of the input controls across hundreds of models of cell phones and other mobile devices, and the game plays faster and more intuitively than ever. That said, we’ve also retained the endless‘Zen’ mode in the mobile version, because we know that Chuzzle is a great on-the-go source of relaxation for many players.”
In Chuzzle, players slide rows of cute furballs called“chuzzles” to create vertically or horizontally matching sets of three or more chuzzles of the same color, causing the chuzzles to explode with happiness while more chuzzles drop from above to take their places. Four different game modes offer a nearly infinite range of challenges across seemingly limitless levels, and giant chuzzles, rainbow chuzzles, super chuzzles and other bonuses help overcome various obstacles. With the new mobile version, players have the option to set the movement and/or the popping of chuzzle rows and sets to either manual or automatic, such that the game controls are streamlined specifically for mobile play.
With the new mobile version, all aspects of grabbing, sliding and popping chuzzles can also be set to either manual or automatic, making the game faster and easier to play while on the go.
Key features of Chuzzle Mobile include:
· Four different modes providing infinite level configurations and virtually limitless game play:
o Classic Mode: the original Chuzzle in all its glory
o Zen Mode: Stress-free, endless play without levels, locks or other constraints; the player’s progress is indicated by colorful markers that appear as higher thresholds of popped chuzzles are reached
o Mind-Bender Mode: A different sort of Chuzzle puzzle in which players slide rows and columns of chuzzles to make specified patterns
o Expert Mode: standard Chuzzle action– only harder!
· Custom Controls: in Chuzzle Mobile, players can set the matching and/or“action” (popping) controls to occur automatically, making the game faster and easier to play while on the go; all aspects of grabbing, sliding and popping chuzzles can be set to either manual or automatic
· Four“species” of chuzzles (Standard, Rainbow, Super and Giant), each with their own special abilities and powers
· Trophy Room: Your own personal“Hall of Fame,” with more than twenty different trophies to collect and admire!
· Scrambles: This special option instantly shuffles all chuzzles on the board anytime you run out of options/moves; in the mobile version of the game, players can earn and save up to five scrambles at any given time, earning an additional scramble every 150,000 points
· Dynamic Level Generation: Ensures each game is different no matter how many times you play
· Beautiful 2D graphics, transitions and special effects
· Great sound FX and themed music
PopCap Games ( www.popcap.com) is the leading multi-platform provider of“casual games”— fun, easy-to-learn, captivating computer games that appeal to everyone from age 6 to 106. Based in Seattle, Washington, PopCap was founded in 2000 and employs over 120 people in its Seattle, San Francisco and Dublin offices. PopCap® games have been downloaded more than 200 million times by consumers worldwide, and its flagship title, Bejeweled®, has sold more than 10 million units across all platforms. Constantly acclaimed by consumers and critics, PopCap games are played on the Web, desktop computers, myriad mobile devices (cell phones, smartphones, PDAs, Pocket PCs, iPod and more), popular game consoles (such as Xbox), and in-flight entertainment systems. PopCap is the only casual games developer with leading market share across all major sales channels, including Web portals, retail stores, mobile operators and developers, and game device manufacturers.
# # #
PopCap, Bejeweled and Chuzzle are trademarks of PopCap Games, Inc. and may be registered in some countries. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners and are used for the benefit of those owners.