British dev scene continues to thrive as Splash Damage and Traveller's Tales win big
Two British studios have scored the top positions in this week’s retail charts.
Londoners Splash Damage see their latest project, Brink debut at number one following a strong marketing campaign.
Close behind in second is Cheshire-based Traveller’s Tales, which continues to build on its successful framework with the LEGO games franchise.
The Disney-published LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean and Brink both stand atop a chart of blockbusters including Portal 2 (Valve), Mortal Kombat (Warner Bros Games Chicago) and Crysis 2 (EA Partners).
The full top 20 can be found below.
1. Brink (Bethesda)
2. LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (Disney)
3. Zumba Fitness (505 Games)
4. Portal 2 (EA)
5. Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision)
6. Mortal Kombat (Warner)
7. LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (LucasArts)
8. FIFA 11 (EA)
9. Crysis 2 (EA)
10. MX vs ATV Alive (THQ)
11. Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft)
12. Operation Flashpoint: Red River (Codemasters)
13. Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo)
14. Sniper: Ghost Warrior (City Interactive)
15. Red Dead Redemption (Rockstar)
16. Pokemon Black (Nintendo)
17. Shift 2: Unleashed (EA)
18. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (Ubisoft)
19. Pokemon White (Nintendo)
20. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (Warner)