Industry has 'more game attorneys than ever'
A nationwide US study has hand-picked the thirty leading US game law groups from a pool of over five hundred.
The list can be found below.
According to industry publication Interactive Age, the number of attorneys specialising in the games business has risen to 530 across the United States.
N. Evan Van Zelfden, editorial director for Interactive Age, said the appeal of the games sector is how it lets attorneys “leverage all of their expertise across the board for a single client".
Perkins Coie LLP was named the number one game law firm in the US, followed by Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP, Jones Day LLP, and in fifth place, Kenyon & Kenyon LLP.
The methodology behind the study was not disclosed.
1. Perkins Coie LLP
2. Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
3. Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
4. Jones Day LLP
5. Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
6. Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
7. Thompson & Knight LLP
8. SNR Denton LLP
9. Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
10. Loeb & Loeb LLP
11. Irell & Manella LLP
12. Bryan Cave LLP
13. Fish & Richardson P.C.
14. Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
15. Fenwick & West LLP
16. Greenberg Glusker Fields Claman & Machtinger LLP
17. Davis & Gilbert LLP
18. Baker & McKenzie SCP
19. Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
20. Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp LLP
21. Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
22. Winston & Strawn LLP
23. Harbottle & Lewis LLP
24. Nixon Peabody LLP
25. Davis LLP
26. Morrison & Foerster, LLP
27. Munck Carter, LLP
28. Haynes and Boone, LLP
29. Howrey LLP
30. Jenner & Block LLP