Handheld's spec sheet released
The battery life for Sony’s PlayStation Vita handheld will play for three to five hours from full capacity, Sony has confirmed.
A full recharge from empty will take approximately three hours.
The device can handle video playback for up to seven hours, while music playback can last around nine hours, the company said.
The detail comes as Sony issues a full and final product spec sheet for the device, the details of which are found below.
Two different versions of PS Vita will be available – one with additional 3G capabilities and another without. Sony is bidding to put connected entertainment at the centre of the device’s offering.
PlayStation Vita will launch across the West next year. The basic model will likely cost £200-250 in the UK, and be charged around £50 more for if 3G-enabled. Sony has not confirmed these prices.
PS VITA SPECS (Sep 2011)
* Model number: PCH-1000 series
* CPU: ARM® Cortex™-A9 core (4 core)
* GPU: SGX543MP4+
* Main memory: 512MB
* VRAM: 128MB
* External Dimensions: Approx. 182.0 x 18.6 x 83.5mm (width x height x
depth) (tentative, excludes largest projection)
* Weight Approx: 279g (3G/Wi-Fi model), 260g (Wi-Fi model)
* Screen: 5 inches (16:9), 960 x 544, Approx. 16 million colors, OLED, Multi touch screen (capacitive type)
* Rear touch pad: Multi touch pad (capacitive type)
* Cameras: Front camera, Rear camera; Frame rate: 120fps@320x240(QVGA), 60fps@640x480(VGA); Resolution: Up to 640x480(VGA)
* Sound: Built-in stereo speakers, built-in microphone
* Sensors: Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer), Threeaxis electronic compass
* Location: Built-in GPS (3G/Wi-Fi model only), Wi-Fi location service support
* Keys/Switches: PS button, power button, directional buttons (Up/Down/Right/Left), action buttons (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square), shoulder buttons (Right/Left), right stick, left stick, START button, SELECT button, volume buttons (+/-)
* Wireless communications: Mobile network connectivity (3G/Wi-Fi model only), 3G modem (data communication): HSDPA/HSUPA *specification for Japanese region, IEEE 802.11b/g/n (n = 1x1)(Wi-Fi) (Infrastructure mode/Ad-hoc mode), Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR ?A2DP/AVRCP/HSP?
* Slots/Ports: PlayStation®Vita card slot, memory card slot, SIM card slot (3G/Wi-Fi model only), multi-use port (for USB data communication, DC IN, Audio [Stereo Out / Mono In], Serial data communication), headset jack (Stereo mini jack) (for Audio [Stereo Out / Mono In]), accessory port
* Power: Built-In Lithium-ion Battery: DC3.7V 2200mA, AC adaptor: DC 5V
* Operating environment temperature: 5??35?
* Supported AV content format: Music - MP3 MPEG-1/2 Audio Layer 3, MP4 (MPEG-4 AAC), WAVE (Linear PCM). Videos - MPEG-4 Simple Profile (AAC), H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High/Main/Baseline Profile (AAC). Photos - JPEG (Exif 2.2.1), TIFF, BMP, GIF, PNG