Daily advice on recruitment and HR from the industry's top companies. Today: Dressing for success with Inensu
Every day in January we're helping job-hunters and employers with advice and tips from the industry's finest developers, experts, HR specialists and recruitment execs on a range of topics.
Today we bring you a unique range of tips on interview fashion, with advice from the games industry's foremost sartorial expert, Inensu boss, and Closet Swap creator Paulina Bozek.
Time to hand things over to Paulina:
Paulina Bozek's Interview Fashion Tips
"Yes, it is a creative industry with a casual dress code, and nobody will expect you to wear a suit to work everyday. But, when it comes to interviews, some rules still apply – and what you wear makes an impression."
• Look smart and tidy and like you made an effort: don’t show up in your flip-flops and scruffy jeans.
• You do the talking, not your clothes. They may want you to make the next My Little Pony game… so save your favourite band t-shirt and gamer swag for the second interview.
• Four letter H-A-T-E knuckle rings are also bad for handshakes.
• Equally don’t show up so glammed up that your outfit screams: ‘I’m too sexy for this job!’.
• The best accessory is a pen and paper for taking notes.
• Keep it under-stated but be memorable – be that your glasses, colour of your shirt or ‘one or two pieces of flare’.