Daily advice on recruitment and HR from the industry's top companies. Today: The specialties every job hunter should watch
Every day in January and throughout much of February, Develop is helping job-hunters and employers with advice and tips from the industry's finest developers, experts, HR specialists and recruitment execs on a range of topics.
Today we bring you advice on key development sector disciplnes rich with opportunities for job hunters.
The 10 disciplines with the most opportunities for employment
• “Clearly monetisation specialists such as virtual item selling experts or payment managers will keep profiting from the continuing rise of F2P.”
Marc Morian, Marketing & PR Manager, Fishlabs
• “I’d say cloud engineer. Computers are ever changing and if anything was hailed as the future of gaming in 2011, it was cloud computing. Anyone with the skills in place to build this technology into products is going to be in high demand.“
Kim Parker Adcock, owner, OPM Recruitment
• “UI design, definitely. Nowadays, everyone in the gaming industry is trying to produce highly compelling and attractive user experiences that keep their audience engaged with their games.”
Francesco Genovese, Recruitment Manager, Jagex
• “Engine optimisation, network engineering and analytics”
Gordon Bellamy, Executive Director, IGDA
Lee Burns, Recruitment Consultant, Amiqus
• “I’d say AI, graphics and networking programmers.”
Simon Miles, Talent Acquisition Manager, Codemasters
Our daily 'New Year, New Jobs' series of articles are extracted from the February issue of Develop magazine – currently available in several forms – which boasts an essential compendium of advice, tips and tricks on getting a new job and improving your employment prospects.The same issue brings you all the results from our sweeping games industry Salary Survey. Check back with Develop Online over the coming days for more advice.
And if you're looking for a new career, or hoping to find some top new talent, be sure to check Develop's Jobs Board.
To find out more about advertising opportunities relating to our New Year, New Job series contact Alex.Boucher@intentmedia.co.uk or call him on +44 (0) 1992 535 646.