Lead software engineer to work on new entry in 'well-loved franchise'
The Redmond-based Microsoft Studios is currently working on a new triple-A strategy game, and it needs to add a key new member to its team.
The successful applicant needs to be a "highly experienced senior games developer" and will be working on "a new triple-A title within an established and well-loved strategy game franchise".
Microsoft's biggest strategy franchises are the popular PC brand Age of Empires and the more divisive console title Halo Wars. In the case of Age of Empires, a revival was attempted with the free-to-play Age of Empires Online, with fans catered to last year with a HD re-release of AoE II: The Age of Kings.
More info can be found on the job listing. Specific qualifications requested include:
- 8 years of AAA game development experience, with at least 5 years in a leadership capacity
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or related field
- Expertise in modern development techniques, and the state-of-the-art in AAA game technology
- Strong C++ development skills
- Exposure to C# and scripting languages an advantage
- Expertise with Direct3D, leading commercial game engines and advanced content piplines highly preferred