343 Industries' job listing calls for talented devs to "shape the future of the Halo franchise"
Microsoft and 343 Industries is currently seeking a senior multiplayer designer to work on the next Halo game.
Applicants need several years of experience on multiplayer design and at least two triple-A games under their belt. And they need to be Halo fans.
If chosen, they will "shape the future of the Halo franchise", helping to develop brand new multiplayer modes that will debut with Halo 5.
More details from the job listing below:
- Work with the Lead Designer to understand the vision of the product and bring the experience to life
- Provide direction to test and implementation team to deliver on this vision
- Design, script, balance, and tune competitive multiplayer game modes
- Balance and tune multiplayer scoring systems
- Participate in creative discussions, offer helpful critique, and provide your own compelling ideas
- Design proposals to update matchmaking playlists with new content and a very fast iteration time
Qualifications and Skills
- High School diploma or GED Required
- 6+ years of industry experience on multiplayer titles
- At least two AAA title shipped that features your work on multiplayer
- Candidates must bring a burning passion for and deep knowledge of the Halo universe, especially competitive multiplayer
- Great communication skills; comfortable working in a very communicative and passionate team environment
- Halo fan - be prepared to demonstrate that you've played and thought a lot about the game
- Experience designing, implementing, and delivering a multiplayer experience from beginning to end
- Hold an understanding of multiplayer systems across game genres, and have a deep understanding of cutting edge multiplayer features
- Provide expert-level analysis of the current state of competitive multiplayer on consoles, including matchmaking trends and player expectations across the entire genre
- Expert level scripting skills