A round-up of all those nominated in this year's exciting Games Media Awards
Having trawled through over 800 emails and thousands of individual nominations, MCV and Develop can reveal the finalists of this year’s Games Media Awards.
Some 17 print publications, 20 websites, podcasts and blogs, plus 26 individual writers are all up for an award, with a panel of industry judges now choosing the ultimate winners.
The stars of the UK games media sector will be unveiled on Wednesday October 26th at the super chic Vinopolis venue near Borough Market. Greg Davies, top stand-up and star of The Inbetweeners, will be the host for the evening.
Grainger Games has signed up as headline sponsor. Other sponsors including Sony, EA, Ubisoft, Konami, Microsoft, Codemasters, OnLive, Green Man Gaming, Nintendo, NCsoft, Rising Star, Namco Bandai, Sega, Trion, Games Tribe and Gamescom.
A limited number of additional packages are available. You can email Caroline@indigopearl.com to find out more.
Up to 350 guests will attend this year’s Games Media Awards, including nearly 200 media. A limited number of trade tickets will be available at £99 per person. Please contact Kathryn.Humphrey@intentmedia.co.uk to find out more.
THE FINALISTS ARE...
* Official Xbox Magazine
* Official PlayStation Magazine
* Retro Gamer
* Gaming Union
* The Sixth Axis
* God is a Geek
SPECIALIST WRITER PRINT
* Matthew Castle – NGamer
* Chris Scullion – Official Nintendo Magazine
* Steve Hogarty – Official Nintendo Magazine
* Jon Blyth – Official Xbox Magazine
* Christian Donlan – Freelance
SPECIALIST WRITER ONLINE
* Jane Douglas – GameSpot UK
* Mark Walton – GameSpot UK
* Keza MacDonald – IGN
* Gillen McAllister – Game Reactor
* Gwynne Dixon – Total Video Games
* Wesley Yin-Poole – Eurogamer
COVERAGE IN A NATIONAL NEWSPAPER
* The Guardian
* The Observer
* The Telegraph
* The Sun
* The Star
COVERAGE IN A MAINSTREAM MAGAZINE
* BBC Focus Magazine
REGIONAL GAMES COLUMNIST
* Steve Wollaston – Sunday Mercury
* Dan Slingsby – Syndicated Regional
* Dave Cook – The Scotsman
* Ed Hill – Derby Telegraph
* Ian Crump – Southern Daily Echo
* Phil Harris – Craigmillar Chronicle
* James Harvey – Cardiff & South Wales Advertiser
* GameSpot UK Podcast
* Saturday Edition 5live
* London Calling
* Rock, Paper, Shotgun
* Ready Up
* Johnny Chiodini – GameSpot UK
* Seb Ford – GameSpot UK
* Martin Gaston – Videogamer
* Andrien Gbinigie – XboxGameZone
* Jamin Smith – Videogamer
* Hollie Bennett – Destructoid
* Dan Webb – Xbox360Achievements.org
* Matt Lees – Official Xbox Magazine