US arm of networking event to showcase innovative game experiences and recognise the best of the best
A shortlist for the Selected Projects initiative at the Game Connection Americaevent has been made public.
15 games have been picked from 85 submitted, which will be showcased at the event taking place in San Francisco next month. Previous years have seen two gongs handed out to the most popular of the Selected Projects games at Games Connection. This year details of the award specifics remain to be confirmed.
“Our Selected Projects program was started a couple of years ago as a means of further promoting and rewarding innovation in the games industry,” said Pierre Carde, CEO of Connection Events. “This year we were again very impressed with the quality of projects that were submitted for consideration, and we are excited to see the reaction from our audience at the presentation ceremony in San Francisco.”
The nominees are as follows:
• AirBuccaneers HD from LudoCraft Ltd, Finland
• Band Together from RedEngine, USA
• Beatbuddy from THREAKS GmbH, Germany
• Checkspear from Checkspear, France
• Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller from Phoenix Online Studios, USA
• Duck Tape from Kef Sensei, Uruguay
• Fractured Soul from Endgame Studios, Australia
• The Great Jitters: Pudding Panic from kunst-stoffGmbH, Germany
• Oliver&Spike: Dimension Jumpers from Rock Pocket Games, Norway
• Phobos from WolpertingerGames, Germany
• PsychoPuzzle from PsychoPuzzle LLC, USA
• The Sandbox from PIXOWL Inc, USA
• Snowbiz from Green Hill, Netherlands
• Tarot (workingtitle) from Chimera Entertainment GbmH, Germany
• Vampires in Paris - The Nephilit Clock from BiP media, France
Game Connection America takes place in San Francisco from March 5th to 7th, coinciding with GDC 2012.
More information is available at the event's official website.