Virtual reality sci-fi adventures, racing management titles, scuba sims and cross-platform shooters in the mix for indie dev award
The organisers between popular networking event Game Connection have announced the finalists for its next Selected Projects awards scheme.
The initiative gives independent developers the chance to showcase their work to thousands of industry professionals, culminating in a prize-giving ceremony at the next Game Connection.
In this instance, entrants will be able to demonstrate their games at Game Connection America from Monday, March 17th to Wednesday, March 19th at the Sir Francis Drake Hotel, San Francisco – just down the road from GDC 2014.
The competition was open to all studios, whether working on console, mobile, social, casual or online games, and no matter what stage of development their game is at. A judging committee that includes representatives from Gaikai, Sony Computer Entertainmnet Europe, Microsot Studios, Big Fish Games, Rovio, Gree, Namco Bandai and more has whittled them down to a shortlist of 15 studios, all of whom will be hoping to win the top accolade of Best Project at Game Connection America.
The full list of finalists are:
Console & PC Hardcore
- Rock Pocket Games, Norway – Shiftlings
- Grin, Belgium – Woolfe: The Red Hood Diaries
- Untold Games, Italy – Loading Human
- Magicko Gaming, France – Platformines
- Nine Dots Studio, Canada – GoD Factory: Wingmen
Mobile – Tablet Handheld
- Cliffhanger Productions Games, Germany – AERENA
- Rival Games, Finland – The Detail
- Glowforth, Estonia – Last Inua
- GG Factor, France – Django
- All CAPS Games, Denmark – Block Amok
Social, Casual & Online (Web & Mobile)
- GAmester, Turkey – Hordemaster
- Interactive Project, Italy – MyGPTeam Turbo
- Genia, Canada – Brain Storm
- Large Animal Games, USA – Food Truck Hero
- Cascade Game Foundry, USA – Infinite Scuba
Each finalist will be given five minutes to pitch their game to major publishers, distributors and buyers on March 17th. The winner will be selected by a judging panel of industry professionals, including Develop.
You can find out more about the shortlisted studios at Game Connection’s website. We’ll be bringing you profiles of all the finalists next week.
Game Connection's Selected Projects is sponsored by Bandai Namco Partners and Microsoft Studios.