Industry execs invited to attend Las Vegas event in February
EA's John Riccitiello, Resi 5 producer Jun Takeuchi and SCE WWS VP Michael Denny are just three of the industry execs signed up to speak at next month's D.I.C.E. Summit.
The event returns to the Red Rock Resort in Las Vegas on February 18th to 20th and features "a line-up of industry leaders, visionaries and decision makers that are shaping the future of interactive entertainment".
As usual, the DICE Summit includes a conference plus networking events for senior execs including a golf tournament and poker event.
Other speakers at the conference include Harrison Ellenshaw, Academy Award nominated artist, Ralph Osterhaut, a serial inventor who has worked with the Defense Department, and famed designer David Perry.
“We are proud to have what is fast becoming the best line-up we've ever produced,” said Joseph Olin, president of the Academy.
“From accomplished games industry veterans, who will share their insight on the market and future potential of our industry, to the creative forces behind some of the greatest entertainment properties of the last 50 years, creativity and vision will be the topics on everyone’s mind at D.I.C.E. this year.”
The full line up of speakers is as follows:
• Chris Cao, Sony Online Entertainment Austin – lead designer on Sony Online’s upcoming DC Universe MMO game.
• Michael Denny, SVP Sony Corp. EU – responsible for the direction of innovative titles for Sony including LittleBigPlanet and Buzz.
• Harrison Ellenshaw, Disney/ILM/LucasFilm – Academy Award nominated artist from the film and animation industries, working on Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back and Dick Tracey, among others.
• Anita Frazier, NPD Research – lead research analyst covering retail sales in the games industry.
• Lars Gustavsson, Creative Director D.I.C.E. Studios/EA – creative director on EA’s multi-million selling Battlefield franchise.
• Michael Haigh, Director London Studios, SCE Worldwide Studios - catapulted social gaming into the mainstream with Sing Star, pivotal in the development of EyeToy.
• Todd Howard, Bethesda Studios – lead designer of the current top-10 selling Fallout 3.
• Alex Laurent, LucasArts/ILM – visual effects visionary that has transitioned from the film to games industry.
• Ralph Osterhout, Serial Inventor – former defense contractor and legendary toy designer.
• David Perry, CCO and Co-Founder Acclaim Entertainment – game designer on multiple MMOs as well as licensed and original IPs ranging from the Matrix to Earthworm Jim, with his games selling over 1 billion dollars retail
• J. Paul Raines, COO Gamestop - formerly Executive VP for Home Depot.
• John Riccitiello, CEO Electronic Arts- co-founder Elevation Partners, former President of Sara Lee Corporation.
• Bruce Shelley, Ensemble Studios – 2009 D.I.C.E. Hall of Fame inductee and designer of some of the top selling strategy games of all time including Age of Empires and the upcoming Halo Wars.
• Jun Takeuchi, Capcom – producer and game director on best-sellers including Lost Planet and Resident Evil 5.
There will also be two panel discussions, the first moderated by Julianne Greer from The Escapist, and features Rich Hilleman, CCO, Electronic Arts, Chris Taylor, Creative Director, Gas Powered Games, Mona Hamilton, VP Marketing, Capcom and Dan Bilson, SVP Creative Director, THQ.
The second panel closes out the conference and will be moderated by Ted Price, President & CEO, Insomniac Games, and features N’Gai Croal (Newsweek), Mike Snider (USA Today), Geoff Keighley (Spike TV) and Seth Schiesel, (New York Times). More speakers will be announced in the upcoming weeks.
To find out more, visit the official site.