Administrator continues to face accusations of missed redundancy compensation
Realtime Worlds’ administrator Begbies Traynor has again found itself at the centre of accusations of missed redundancy pay.
It is said that over half of the 210 staff made redundant from Realtime Worlds are arranging an employment tribunal claim over their final month’s salary.
Approximately 120 ex staff are pursuing legal action, with one senior employee claiming that about 70 per cent of the workforce has not been fully paid.
“They should have given everyone a 90-day consultation period,” former lead artist Tahir Rashid told the Sunday Herald.
“The MyWorld staff were given a 30-day consultation before they were made redundant on August 13,” he added.
“The APB staff were only given an hour.”
Last month Begbies Traynor denied allegations of failing to pay Realtime Worlds staff. The group told Develop “redundancy payment will be made in accordance with current UK legislation”.
The corporate rescue firm insists it sent RTW staff applications for statutory redundancy to the Government’s Redundancy Payments Office (RPO) during the same week in which it was appointed administrator.
The Sunday Herald claims that 53 staff retained at the Dundee studio after it fell into administration had received their final month’s salary, but were not eligible for redundancy.
Employment Tribunals are independent judicial bodies that determine disputes between employers and employees over various employment rights.